A pissing off problem..2005 Yz 250

I just recently started to put some serious seat time on my Yz after a in depth rebuild, and you can see in my bike Build posts... I have had to split the cases TWO times because of the center case o-ring splitting and coming out of the weep hole.... This is a problem that is pissing me off, has anyone had this problem? Whats a fix> neoprine o-ring and rounding the material around the weep hole to make it less sharp???

Take the case side with the o ring groove and go to your local agricultural or automotive dealer. Get a regular o-ring that is a medium/stiff compound, put a little silicone in the groove and put it together. Haven't had one pop out on me since I did that.

Take the case side with the o ring groove and go to your local agricultural or automotive dealer. Get a regular o-ring that is a medium/stiff compound, put a little silicone in the groove and put it together. Haven't had one pop out on me since I did that.

I have heard this is a Reoccuring problem with this model of engine..

Does it leak? If not, ride it.

Yes this time it leaked, and I have this problem, if anything is wrong with my bike, I cannot ride it. I'm just really anal about my stuff. The last thing I want is for me to be deep in the woods and spring a leak...

Yes this time it leaked, and I have this problem, if anything is wrong with my bike, I cannot ride it. I'm just really anal about my stuff. The last thing I want is for me to be deep in the woods and spring a leak...

I'd call it rather smart and not anal

I'd call it rather smart and not anal

Very true. It can be the littlest thing though. Its really bad. :excuseme:

It must be something to do with the insatllation.

I have had the cases on my 250 and 125 apart on numerous occassions and not had this issue.

Are you using an OEM part or aftermarket?