Looking for riding partners near Columbus, MS

Anyone interested in weekend rides in North Mississippi? I know that Trace State Park and Meridian OHV Park have some dirt bike trails. The guy that I normally ride with is moving in a couple of weeks, and I need to find some more people to ride with. I ride a plated Husqvarna, so no MX/SX for me.

I live in Caledonia and should be getting an XR400 at the end of the month if everything works out as planned. I've also got a non running XR200 I need to get back to working condition. Anyway, I'm a total noob at off road (been riding street bikes for years) but if you don't mind putting up with a slow guy, I'd be willing to hit the trails with ya.

I live in Olive Branch, MS and I ride a yz250f and also a Rm 250 and mostly ride trails. Anyone wanting to ride I am off on weekends and would love to do some riding.

Sorry about the late reply, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I'm available after work on Fridays, and all day on the weekends. If you guys want to hit up Trace State Park on a weekend, I'm sure that it would be pretty cool. It's just over an hour from all three of us. $7 for a day pass, and the trails are open until 5 PM. I don't really know of any other trail systems nearby. Any recommendations would be appreciated :D. Tyrroneous, how'd things go with the XR? Have you ever ridden at the lux creek trails near GTR? I've heard that place is decent. I'm not real fond of water crossings, but I'm sure we could figure out a way to steer clear of those.

Things actually worked out for me, for a change, and I scored a great running XR400. Been riding it in the empty lot near my house to get used to it. I am definitely ready for something bigger than a three acre field to ride in!

I have not ridden any trails near 'The Lux'. I know there are some access points to the river in Columbus...but have not heard of an actual trail system.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joe Shimano
      The Cahaba WMA is 27,000 acres located in central Alabama. It has always been off limits to ORV and motorcycle use. Recently the property was leased by the Forever Wild Land Trust. This program manages thousands of acres for wildlife management and recreational activaties. The Forever Wild Land Trust now has accumulated 205,372 acres for habitat protection and public recreation since the program began in 1992.
      These lands, which are all open to public use, can be used for hunting, wildlife watching, hiking, kayaking, canoeing and many other outdoors endeavors.
      How do we get ORV use added to the many uses of this property?
    • By cr125rider13
      anyone out there going?
    • By ibisacura
      We are heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving and plan to ride Lake Mackenzie tomorrow. Would love someone to show us around and we can return the favor if you want to ride Front Range Colorado. We are both pretty good riders but just want to ride and have fun. We will be there midday
    • By loki1313
      SO i finally got into riding MX and just looking for some more riding buddies. Im an OK rider (getting better each trip) just looking for some more people to ride with (And maybe even help me with my riding). Usually end up in Terrell at The Pit, Athens MX, or Canton. Havent been to Swan yet since i dont have a membership, getting one soon though. I try to get out every weekend or thursday night, but cant always get someone to go so figure ill find some more people. Just drop me a PM or reply here if you dont mind another person to ride with around the big ET.

• By Sick Of It All
      im gunna be coming down for this race... is there area's around that i could ride b4 the race.. as a warmup on like friday??? anyone gunna be around to maybe meet up and show us some trails? let me know.. thanks