Sign in to follow this  

2-stroke jetting question

My 2001 yz 125 is jetted for 40:1 at 65 degrees F. This past day i ran it in the cold (18-22 degrees) and noticed alot of boggy, laggy responsiveness of power. Does temperature really have that much to do with performance? And If i run the bike in temperatures like 65 degrees... will it perform the way it should? No bogging, etc.? I just got this bike 2 days ago and have never owned a 2 stroke. I have had a lot of opinions on this, just looking for a few more. Thanks!

My 2001 yz 125 is jetted for 40:1 at 65 degrees F. This past day i ran it in the cold (18-22 degrees) and noticed alot of boggy, laggy responsiveness of power. Does temperature really have that much to do with performance? And If i run the bike in temperatures like 65 degrees... will it perform the way it should? No bogging, etc.? I just got this bike 2 days ago and have never owned a 2 stroke. I have had a lot of opinions on this, just looking for a few more. Thanks!

Yes in colder weather you need to jet up (Richen the bike)

yep , it will be back like it was. You could just close the air screw some, that will richen the mixture also.