1993 CR250 Front Wheel Spacer Question with Pics

Hello fellow TT members. I usually just lurk around the TT forums but I have a question today that I was hoping you could help me with.

I bought a 1993 CR250 a few months ago and blew it apart with the intention of cleaning it up. I have been slowly cleaning/fixing/replacing parts and then bolting them up to the bike. I'm getting close to being done and today I mocked up the wheels before disassembling them.

The front brake rotor bolts show signs of contacting the caliper mount in the past. When I assembled everything today I noticed that wheel spacer doesn't seem to be the correct width to maintain clearance between the hub and the fork leg. I'm not sure if the spacer is the wrong width (~20mm) or if the wheel is from a different model (hub width narrower than stock). I have looked at a lot of pictures and schematics but couldn't identify the problem.

TL DR - Does anyone know the correct spacer width for the left (brake) side of the front wheel on a 1993 Cr 250?

2e4x1dj.jpg

2nw3ghj.jpg

35lrgud.jpg

2yx2353.jpg

Well...I would settle for a detailed picture of someone else's hub if they happen to have one. I might be able to use my vast knowledge of television CSI to figure out what I'm missing.

Edited by quiknss

I think that left side spacer should be long enough to make contact with the side of the left fork axle boss. In that picture, it looks as if there's nothing stopping your wheel from sliding leftward except the caliper retaining the rotor.

Some aftermarket rotor guards mount on the axle, where you now have an open space.

I think that left side spacer should be long enough to make contact with the side of the left fork axle boss. In that picture, it looks as if there's nothing stopping your wheel from sliding leftward except the caliper retaining the rotor.

Some aftermarket rotor guards mount on the axle, where you now have an open space.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just didn't want to order another OEM spacer if it was going to be the same width. None of the online resources list the spacer width, just the part number. (Collar, Front Wheel 44311-KAE-740)

I was hoping that with a picture of an OEM installed part could convince me enough to go ahead and order it.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/624-honda-1993-cr250r/assemblies/10284-front-wheel-92-94

Myspacer measures 32.44 mm. About a half inch bigger.

Ahhh, thank you very much. That confirms my suspicion. Assuming you also own a 93, the OEM part above should resolve my issue. I'll order it up today.