Sign in to follow this  

How many hours are you guys getting off your bottom ends?

Honestly, from my own experiences.....I've owned n raced numerous makes/sizes of 2t bikes. Have never had to do a bottom end on any till recent. These. Bikes I picked up cheap and they were not very well maintained.

I guess what I'm saying is; plan on doing a top and bottom end on any used bike. Cause you really have NO idea how many hours are it. Cheaper now rather than later. Lkke when your thrust washers/ needle bearing go and send debris up and seize your new topend. Check ojut the thread. By jammj2013, engine seizure.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1001396-engine-seizure-you-ask-yourself-why/#entry10507761

Edited by argclh6670

Huh, let me see.....71 years times 365, times 24 hours - oh dang thats to hard to compute with my ol brain! Oh wait, you meant the YZ bottom end. As mentioned above, two many variables to give a solid number. I've only had one lower end fail and that was on my 99 after five years of racing and trail riding. I blamed it on the fact that I ran 50:1 whether racing or just trail riding; I now run Torco GP7 @ 40:1 and also tear down at around two years.

About 3 years racing xc A class on my 06 125. At that point I just replace them to make me feel better. Thats running 50:1 golden spectro.

200-300 hrs depending on how hard your riding. If your racing A class I would go 125-150hrs.