Headlight needed

I got a 08 144SX, and I need a headlight, used or new, dont really mind, has anyone on TT, got one they are willing to sell?

But if not, does anyone know how I can just get the lens for a stock 08-10 EXC headlight?

This is the story, I need to take my 144 on the road ocassionally to get to local riding spots, so I need a light for the front, (a genuine ktm one for my year,), im not going to wire up the lights or anything, just need the headlight mask and the lens really, its just so that if a police officer see's me on my way to the trail, the bike just looks a little bit more legal/legit, i've got a rear light (not wired) and i've got it plated too... I know this may seem pointless to some, but this is the only way I can get out and ride more often, no transort i.e. van, trailer, so if anyone can help me out, or point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks guys. :thumbsup:

mate our uk trails are in enough conflict without illegal mx bikes riding them, do your test like we all have too, what happens if you hit or get hit by a car on the way to the trails with no tax test or license, but in answer to your headlight question eurotek will supply all the parts. but have a good think about riding the roads illegal it aint worth it

I will ask you to get off your high horse here mate 'junky', im 17, cant get a bike liscence for a while, I want to ride, I cant get there with my car and a trailer (why? because the government want me to pass another test to tow a trailer!! and pay for it, it aint cheap, especially for a 17yo, my job being self employed car salesman, bike dealer etc, what I earn only bearly covers my living costs besides spending it on tests, just to say im qualified to ride on the road... I've passed my car test, it cost me an arm and a leg!!, and I had to pay for insurance, also costing me a bomb, im working just to drive and ride!!) DIRTJUNKY_UK, its very easy to say 'go pass your test, then go buy a road legal enduro bike, then go buy tax, then go buy insurance, oohhh while your there get it mot'd, hahaha you are having a laugh, im not made of money, I bet your in your 30-40's and insurance is cheap for you, you've probably passed your bike test when it was cheaper and easier when you were young, and now your a resonsible adult with the coin in his wallet!!! what your basically saying is, offroad riding can only be enjoyed by the wealthy or well off, those people who can afford to buy a expensive offroad bikes (while maintaining it), buy insurance, tax and mot, and before you can even do that, pass a theory and pratical test!!! your looking at £1000's mate, what a joke!! And if you think the trails are in conflict, take a good look why!! it is because all local riding spots on the trails are being taken further away from the people who actually get use out of them i.e trail riders, green laners, offroaders and kids having a bit of fun up the mountain on a sunday, this is happening because walkers, ramblers and horse riders, because they dont like motorbikes, period, they dont like you- a legal trail rider, and they dont like me- a kid having fun riding on a sunday up the mountain out the way, so once they stop me going up the mountain, your next mate, ramblers hate the sight of you and always will, they are a different breed, and they are in positions of high power, council members, commisioners etc etc... and one day you will being saying 'yeah once we were allowed to ride up there, but now we only ride on tracks, motocross tracks and enduro tracks' and even the legal tracks are getting clamped down!!, so just because your legal, you can afford to be legal, does not give you anymore right than me to ride my bike on the trail!! because one day in the near future you will be marked as 'illegal', as bikers will not be able to ride up the mountains and trails, instead you will be told to ride on 'motocross tracks like everyone else', not everybody wants to ride mx tracks, it's not enjoyable for everyone, and alot of people can not afford to be spending money on track fees and transport to get over there!! and more importantly what would you like 'kids' like me to do, go down town get drunk, take drugs, go vandalise property!! no, I thought not, instead im earning a living, keeping myself to myself and enjoy riding my bike on the trail occasionally, and I cant think of anything i'd rather be doing, so trust me mate, it's worth it, because I love trail riding... But in reply to your answer about my question thanks for the eurotech input.

Living in the UK sounds like it sucks.

Living in the UK sounds like it sucks.

you hit the nail on the head there friend...

I will ask you to get off your high horse here mate 'junky', im 17, cant get a bike liscence for a while, I want to ride, I cant get there with my car and a trailer (why? because the government want me to pass another test to tow a trailer!! and pay for it, it aint cheap, especially for a 17yo, my job being self employed car salesman, bike dealer etc, what I earn only bearly covers my living costs besides spending it on tests, just to say im qualified to ride on the road... I've passed my car test, it cost me an arm and a leg!!, and I had to pay for insurance, also costing me a bomb, im working just to drive and ride!!) DIRTJUNKY_UK, its very easy to say 'go pass your test, then go buy a road legal enduro bike, then go buy tax, then go buy insurance, oohhh while your there get it mot'd, hahaha you are having a laugh, im not made of money, I bet your in your 30-40's and insurance is cheap for you, you've probably passed your bike test when it was cheaper and easier when you were young, and now your a resonsible adult with the coin in his wallet!!! what your basically saying is, offroad riding can only be enjoyed by the wealthy or well off, those people who can afford to buy a expensive offroad bikes (while maintaining it), buy insurance, tax and mot, and before you can even do that, pass a theory and pratical test!!! your looking at £1000's mate, what a joke!! And if you think the trails are in conflict, take a good look why!! it is because all local riding spots on the trails are being taken further away from the people who actually get use out of them i.e trail riders, green laners, offroaders and kids having a bit of fun up the mountain on a sunday, this is happening because walkers, ramblers and horse riders, because they dont like motorbikes, period, they dont like you- a legal trail rider, and they dont like me- a kid having fun riding on a sunday up the mountain out the way, so once they stop me going up the mountain, your next mate, ramblers hate the sight of you and always will, they are a different breed, and they are in positions of high power, council members, commisioners etc etc... and one day you will being saying 'yeah once we were allowed to ride up there, but now we only ride on tracks, motocross tracks and enduro tracks' and even the legal tracks are getting clamped down!!, so just because your legal, you can afford to be legal, does not give you anymore right than me to ride my bike on the trail!! because one day in the near future you will be marked as 'illegal', as bikers will not be able to ride up the mountains and trails, instead you will be told to ride on 'motocross tracks like everyone else', not everybody wants to ride mx tracks, it's not enjoyable for everyone, and alot of people can not afford to be spending money on track fees and transport to get over there!! and more importantly what would you like 'kids' like me to do, go down town get drunk, take drugs, go vandalise property!! no, I thought not, instead im earning a living, keeping myself to myself and enjoy riding my bike on the trail occasionally, and I cant think of anything i'd rather be doing, so trust me mate, it's worth it, because I love trail riding... But in reply to your answer about my question thanks for the eurotech input.

Owning a motorcycle is a luxury, not a right. Riding illegally down the road will only create further problems in the future.....but your young and stupid and have a sense of entitlement so you will never understand. All those so called "activities" you mentioned Iike drinking/drugs and vandalizing property are no worse then you cruising down the road illegally.....

Edited by originalmonk

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a stock KTM headlight won't fit on your SX front fender. I needs to have the 2 tabs on it like an EXC/XCW in order for it to fit correct. I with the others though if you don't have a license to be on the road and the bike isn't suppose to be on the road your asking for trouble.

Owning a motorcycle is a luxury, not a right. Riding illegally down the road will only create further problems in the future.....but your young and stupid and have a sense of entitlement so you will never understand. All those so called "activities" you mentioned Iike drinking/drugs and vandalizing property are no worse then you cruising down the road illegally.....

For those who are now jumping on the thread and trolling, I dont ride the roads for fun, I wheel my bike out my garden onto the road, go about 100yards to the nearest trail and then go up the mountain out of the way, I dont wheelie on the roads, like I said, I keep myself to myself, monk you are clearly young and stupid in the mind if you think me riding 100 yards on the road to get up the mountain is worse than drugs/drinking and vandalism... but your old and well off now and have a sence of responsibility so YOU will never understand. and yes monk a motorbike is a luxury, but not one only the rich can enjoy... I've not made a thread to debate this topic, you know where I stand, as stated in my second post , I've asked for a headlight if anyone is selling, nothing more, nothing less.

For those who are now jumping on the thread and trolling, I dont ride the roads for fun, I wheel my bike out my garden onto the road, go about 100yards to the nearest trail and then go up the mountain out of the way, I dont wheelie on the roads, like I said, I keep myself to myself, monk you are clearly young and stupid in the mind if you think me riding 100 yards on the road to get up the mountain is worse than drugs/drinking and vandalism... but your old and well off now and have a sence of responsibility so YOU will never understand. and yes monk a motorbike is a luxury, but not one only the rich can enjoy... I've not made a thread to debate this topic, you know where I stand, as stated in my second post , I've asked for a headlight if anyone is selling, nothing more, nothing less.

If its only 100yrds, why can't you push it?

Read your first post, you want a headlight so you can ride down roads illegally.....so the cops "think" its legal! So in short, your riding down the road illegally.

If its only 100yrds, why can't you push it?

Read your first post, you want a headlight so you can ride down roads illegally.....so the cops "think" its legal! So in short, your riding down the road illegally.

If I push it down the road the bike will still be taken off me if the police see me, thats the police for you in great britain... I'd have no problem pushing it, but if its not road legal they will take the bike and crush it!! So in short, Yes im riding the whole 100 yards 'illegally', thats pretty obvious to see there monk, I got a light, I actually just come back from a ride, no bother from cops... You do realise I can do this a different way monk, I can just take my 144sx leave it in mx trim, start it up, go up the 100 yards WFO, on the back wheel and say I dont care about the cops or anyone else!! But what im doing is, making the bike look legal, going up the road quietly, having my fun and riding back safely, I don't bother anyone.. There are plenty of people who say 'F- the police' and ride up the road WFO on the back wheel, but im being a resonsible young adult.

Ohh, monk I didnt realise you were a good christian law abiding citizen?, you never broke the law? If You did, I bet it was worse than what im doing!... And read my first post, I didnt ask for your opinion on what im doing, im asking if you have a light for sale... if you have no light to sell, im not interested in what you have to say. Nuff Said.

If I push it down the road the bike will still be taken off me if the police see me, thats the police for you in great britain... I'd have no problem pushing it, but if its not road legal they will take the bike and crush it!! So in short, Yes im riding the whole 100 yards 'illegally', thats pretty obvious to see there monk, I got a light, I actually just come back from a ride, no bother from cops... You do realise I can do this a different way monk, I can just take my 144sx leave it in mx trim, start it up, go up the 100 yards WFO, on the back wheel and say I dont care about the cops or anyone else!! But what im doing is, making the bike look legal, going up the road quietly, having my fun and riding back safely, I don't bother anyone.. There are plenty of people who say 'F- the police' and ride up the road WFO on the back wheel, but im being a resonsible young adult.

Ohh, monk I didnt realise you were a good christian law abiding citizen?, you never broke the law? If You did, I bet it was worse than what im doing!... And read my first post, I didnt ask for your opinion on what im doing, im asking if you have a light for sale... if you have no light to sell, im not interested in what you have to say. Nuff Said.

Just because you didn't ask for my opinion doesn't mean I can't say it. You are using a free forum......

Just because you didn't ask for my opinion doesn't mean I can't say it. You are using a free forum......

monk if i had your opinion on a HEADLIGHT, I would have liked to have heard it, not on how I get to the trails, but I do realsie this is a free forum, and thats what I love/hate about it sometimes... But thank you for your opinion on how I get to the trails, as you have expressed your opinion and so have I, we may not meet eye to eye, but thats life.

Driftnick, so you did end up getting a headlight? I have an 08 144sx also, if you did get one, where did you get your light? I want one but can't find one for my bike!

Driftnick, so you did end up getting a headlight? I have an 08 144sx also, if you did get one, where did you get your light? I want one but can't find one for my bike!

Hi tkipp, yeah I did, I just didnt get a oem ktm headlight, i ended up getting a acerbis headlight off ebay.