DRZ Yellow shades

Hello new here!

I am making my '00 DRZ street legal and refreshing plastics. I picked up a UFO rear fender but it doesn't match the color (not that I expected it to) but was there a color change with Suzuki's yellow? If so did they name it or color code it?

Edited by flossabe

There are atleast 3 shades that I am aware of. FWIW these are color codes and not years

01 RM Yellow - looks like mustard

02 RM Yellow - DRZ like yellow

03 RM Yellow - looks like a yellow highlighter

Not all manufacturers offer all 3 shades nor do they always identify what shade they are using. Its very frustrating. I had to edit my post after checking my notes and order history - its been awhile since I had to deal with all this. Also searched the forum to double check "02 RM Yellow" is the DRZ yellow.

The 2000 model year DRZ the yellow used was apparentlty the older 01 RM Yellow as seen here. The 2001+ DRZ use the 02 RM Yellow like this

Edited by ROMAD

what about a banana yellow? oh! maybe schoolbus?

I went with Acerbis 01' RM yellow.

001572.JPG

Hello new here!

I am making my '00 DRZ street legal and refreshing plastics. I picked up a UFO rear fender but it doesn't match the color (not that I expected it to) but was there a color change with Suzuki's yellow? If so did they name it or color code it?

krylon it.

i'll take that fender if you don't want it ;)