Sign in to follow this  

Need a descent dirtbike low maintenance

Im looking for a dirtbike with descent amount of power and decently fast. this wont be a constant rider as i have a new yfz ill trail ride and track ride. I also dont want a slug thats not fun to ride!! Im a decently good rider on dirtbikes i want a little challenge any ideas??

If you don't want a slug the only real option is a 2 stroke, either a 125 or a 250 ... or even a 500, those things are bulletproof.

500 would be way to big for me lol! I don't even know if I could handle a 250 2 stroke I'm 6 1 and around 150 pounds and 15 what do you think?

500 would be way to big for me lol! I don't even know if I could handle a 250 2 stroke I'm 6 1 and around 150 pounds and 15 what do you think?

A 125. They will need an oil and air filter change here and there and a piston and rings every say 70 hours but besides that they're tough as nails. Just don't hold them wide open wound out in a gear for 5 minutes then wonder why it blew up. They're much more reliable and cheap to run then a 4 stroke mx bike.

yea i wont be having it pinned constantly just something to ride around and mess around probably wont get out of 3-4 much in trails and tracks i mainly ride fourwheelers i have a banshee,yfz,400ex but now im looking for a dirtbike to have fun on!!

A 125 2 stroke running 70 hours on one piston is just asking for trouble IMO

Depends how you ride. I ride mainly trails and rarely wound out and at 70 hours it still has lots of compression. I change the rings every 25-35 and a piston anywhere from 50-70, seems lately I've been getting a long time out of them before I start running low on compression.

Compression is more an indication about ring seal and not piston integrity.

Riding trails myself, some are open and allow for 3rd to 4rth gear displacement I would not run a cast piston past 40 hours on my 250 2 strokes and will try a 60 hour mark on the Woessner as 50 hours showed little wear. But that are 250 pistons not 125er's

250 is fine..I was on one at that age/size. 250 is gonna be less maintenance than a 125