Sign in to follow this  

which knees ?

Hi guys,

I fell off on ice the other day and really whacked my knee, the knee pad in my gear slipped off the side and my knee cap took it....

So.........I kneed protection (see what I did there?)

Anyone got any good advice on what is out there?

I know that some are just really cool looking pads and not actually braces and some are braces.

so far i've looked at the:

THOR Force

661 knee brace 2012

EVS Vision

the list goes on.....

any advice reviews or recomendations very welcome...

Hi guys,

I fell off on ice the other day and really whacked my knee, the knee pad in my gear slipped off the side and my knee cap took it....

You make it sound like the knee pad was of the built-in type that slips into a pocket in your pants. Is that the case?

I bought the Thor Force a while back to try something new. They are uncomfortable. Plus, the poor placement of the velcro had me ripping it all off and resewing it in the proper positions. The vecro is sewn on in such a way that the hook side of the velcro patches contact your skin and chew you up.

All of the ones you mention are of the same type. I suggest you not buying anything like that sight unseen. Try to get hands on, look them over in person.

Me, I'm going to stick with the tried and true MSR Gravity type guards. They've always protected my knees in get-offs and never moved.

I use Oneal Pump guard knee pads. I hit a tree 3 gear taped my clutch lever hit first then my left knee. Broke the knee guard but i didn't even feel it.

I got some like this several years ago and I love them. I hit a tree years back and shattered my kneecap so I am without one in my right leg. These have a hinge on each side so that the "ball" part of the guard covers your knee and the top and bottom stay tightly attached to your upper and lower legs while the "ball" stays put covering your complete knee whether you leg is straight or bent as far as you can bend it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-SCOYCO-ATV-Biker-Motocross-Motorcycle-Off-Road-Knee-Guard-Pads-Red-Color-/120925230953?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item1c27b49769&vxp=mtr

Ive got some brand new alpinestar bionic knee pads/shin guards sitting in the closet. Retail $100, I'll let them go for $40plus shipping