tires reccomendations

What kind of tires would you all recommend for my 2012 450? Its not that i dont like the 403/404's that are on it, im just wondering if there is a better option?

What kind of dirt are you riding on? I have two sets of wheels - one with Bridgestone 403/404 and the other with 203/204. I've had luck with Dunlop and Michelin but Bridgetone's have been the best all around tires for me. I heard somewhere that Dunlop is working on a new tire - MX-52's.

I primarily ride intermediate terrain. Sometimes sand and sometimes hard pack, so im really looking for a good all around tire.

Michelin MS3 or MH3 depending on if you ride more intermediate or more hard pack, but you could be happy with wither of them. Great tires IMO :ride:

that would be sweet for a revised dunlop. i think yamahas come with a different mx51(FA or FJ) front tire. supposed to be better.

403/404 combo for me

Pirelli 32 front (int/soft) everywhere, and either 32 rear(int/soft) or 554(int/hard) rear. If you wanted a compromise in the rear for extra life while still offering good levels of grip, use a Pirelli Extra X. Once you use them, you wont use anything else.

Pirelli 32 front (int/soft) everywhere, and either 32 rear(int/soft) or 554(int/hard) rear. If you wanted a compromise in the rear for extra life while still offering good levels of grip, use a Pirelli Extra X. Once you use them, you wont use anything else.

Couldn't agree more. I finally tried a Pirelli Extra X and absolutely love it. I've ran MX51s, M404, etc and the pirellis hook up just as good if not better and barely wear

Thanks for the response! I was actually thinking about trying pirellis as i have heard good things about them. Anyone tried those artrax tires from motosport? You can get both tires for about the price of one name brand tire..

I had good luck with a Artax, it was worth the price thats for sure..

I just find myself thinking i could have two sets of tires for the price of one with the artrax tires.