Sign in to follow this  

California Penny Pines Condition?

Thinking about hitting penny pines the 26 or 27th if its not going to rain. Anyone know the current conditions? I havn't been up there in a bit.

Cupla buddies hit it last Friday......Was a bit colder than it is today, they said of the 43 miles they rode 30 were perfect, 13 were icy, with bike swallowing puddles (typical for this time of year) and relatively difficult.

I can't wait to get up there...

Was up there yesterday, conditions were awesome.

That's the comment we wanted to hear

Penney pines would be excellent, what are you thinking, should be excellent, holy mo mo

Penny was awsome last weekend! Still a little ice up high but nice and wet in the trees. Some large puddles so watch out! Almost submarined it in one!

absolutely SICK this weekend. Spectacular conditions. Nothing blocked. Not too wet. Loamy almost?

Any trails blocked or ones to avoid?

i think i got every thing, but didnt check the outer willow creek loop

:goofy:

Penney pines would be excellent, what are you thinking, should be excellent, holy mo mo

i gotta lay off the liquor when im posting :goofy::rolleyes:

Everything was perfect today, conditions, weather and the group, thanks again Ossi and the 2 lurkers. They may as well put a broken white line on 38 with passing lanes every 1/2 mile though.....

i think i got every thing, but didnt check the outer willow creek loop

It's clear.

Everything was perfect today, conditions, weather and the group, thanks again Ossi and the 2 lurkers. They may as well put a broken white line on 38 with passing lanes every 1/2 mile though.....

It's clear.

Well Frank I downloaded his and my cam and see you put a move on the other Frank, :lol:

• Like 1

I am planning on riding Middle Creek/Penny pines in a couple of weeks weather permitting. I have a question on one of the loops that we made a couple of years ago. We made a nice counterclockwise loop out of Deer Valley campground via trail 07 to road 90, to trail 06, to road 17N11, to road 17N04, to trail 37, to trail 17, then back to Penny Pines. The new map shows road 17N04 as being discontinuous through private property near Crabtree Hot Springs. Is this route still legally traversable?

yes you can go through crab tree, its privet property so they cant legally designate it on the map, one of the owners died and the other one is to sick or also died so they cant get up there. so just keep using that rout until they put up a gate

I am planning on riding Middle Creek/Penny pines in a couple of weeks weather permitting. I have a question on one of the loops that we made a couple of years ago. We made a nice counterclockwise loop out of Deer Valley campground via trail 07 to road 90, to trail 06, to road 17N11, to road 17N04, to trail 37, to trail 17, then back to Penny Pines. The new map shows road 17N04 as being discontinuous through private property near Crabtree Hot Springs. Is this route still legally traversable?

and please be respectful of the private land of slow with no noise excess so a gate is not placed

Any word on the conditions of trail 1 out off middle creek? I have a kid on an 80 can he make it?