Should JS7 Sit Out Until Nats? Your Thoughts....

Supercross

We all know James Stewart has had his fair share of bad luck over the past few years. Now with a knee injury he suffered in the last practice of A1, he is riding injured. Let's face it, if he is not 100%, he has virtually no chance of winning the title this season, not against this stacked field anyway. But yet, he continues to come to the line. What's your take on this. Is he lining up because he is feeling the preasure from Suzuki to do so? Is he lining up because he is a competitor and is just trying to ride through the pain and hope for the best? Or, is he racing because he is tired of all the "haters" saying he is washed up and they knew he wouldn't last?

My thinking on this.... He should call it what it is, another set back injury. With that though, any hope of a SX title is gone. Personally, I am ok with that. I would rather see him heel up (the best he can) and come back strong at the National opening round at Hangtown.... Will he last a full outdoor season and be able to contend for the title? I don't know but right now he is not doing what is best for him and Suzuki IMO. Suzuki hired him because they want a title. At this point, their best shot at that now is in the Nats.... Just my oppinion.

Whats yours? :thinking:

I know these guys come back quick, but ACL tears don't fully recover in 4 months. He'd have to ride at least half the nationals < 100% too.

Edited by ubu

I normally skip over most of these threads cause it's such a waste of time. Your's on the other hand had merit and some thought behind it so respond I will.

I agree with you husky. I would much rather see a close to 100% JS up front competing for moto and overall wins in the nationals than watch him struggle to make top tens in the supercross. The way it stands right now you have at least 5 to maybe 7 guys that on any weekend can compete for the win and podiums so I feel it's about as exciting as it's been in a while minus JS. I say surgery right now, rehab like a madman and hopefully be close to 100% by start of nationals. Maybe he can pull off the eqivilent of an Adrian Peterson and shock everyone.

Even if he pulls out now & has his knee worked on, he wouldn't be ready for the nationals.

Even if he pulls out now & has his knee worked on, he wouldn't be ready for the nationals.

I guess some don't understand the time it takes to come back or they don't get a calendar.

I would like to hear DOSHIs opinion on the subject before i make any desissions. But i am thinking that the Fat lady is geating ready to take the stage .

We are witnessing the end of a career

And it's no surprise to James

I would like to hear DOSHIs opinion on the subject before i make any desissions. But i am thinking that the Fat lady is geating ready to take the stage .

Round 5, I already called it

I'd be willing to bet $10 right now he never wins another main event. He is done, put a fork in him.

My thoughts on the ever so drama filled saga of James Stewart?

I still think the knees is an excuse, He can kick his bike just fine and can win heats and qualify in the upper tier with no problem. Why is it something every season with this guy that makes some of you think this will be THE season he turns it around? You put this guy above all other riders as if he is the number 1 contender but yet what has he accomplished since 2009? Someone always has an excuse for Stewart on here right along with him like he is claiming with this "wounded knee" ! He hurt this, he hurt that, his bike doesn't suit him, he has had too many crashes and can't think straight, his reality TV show distracted him, the team he signed with was not right for him and so on...and so on......yada-yada-yada! Most over rated rider in SX/MX history! What do I think about James Stewart? Not much since he is not in the top mix for the title.............as always!

Let the flogging began!

I I say surgery right now, rehab like a madman and hopefully be close to 100% by start of nationals. Maybe he can pull off the eqivilent of an Adrian Peterson and shock everyone.

I guess some don't understand the time it takes to come back or they don't get a calendar.

RV had what 8 months? Peterson had 8-9 and was still busting up scar tissue in September. JS is gonna have to hit the HGH like a madman to come back in 4. A mortal like me would take a year for rehab.

We all know James Stewart has had his fair share of bad luck over the past few years. Now with a knee injury he suffered in the last practice of A1, he is riding injured. Let's face it, if he is not 100%, he has virtually no chance of winning the title this season, not against this stacked field anyway. But yet, he continues to come to the line. What's your take on this. Is he lining up because he is feeling the preasure from Suzuki to do so? Is he lining up because he is a competitor and is just trying to ride through the pain and hope for the best? Or, is he racing because he is tired of all the "haters" saying he is washed up and they knew he wouldn't last?

My thinking on this.... He should call it what it is, another set back injury. With that though, any hope of a SX title is gone. Personally, I am ok with that. I would rather see him heel up (the best he can) and come back strong at the National opening round at Hangtown.... Will he last a full outdoor season and be able to contend for the title? I don't know but right now he is not doing what is best for him and Suzuki IMO. Suzuki hired him because they want a title. At this point, their best shot at that now is in the Nats.... Just my oppinion.

Whats yours? :thinking:

At this point he would miss the nationals to before he would be recovered. His best bet to save face is tough this out get it fixed after vegas and be 100% for next SX season... We all know he doesnt like the outdoors, he'd rather film "bubbas wacko world"..... and then next sx season we can watch him come out wad himself up again and call it career :thumbsup:

I'd be willing to bet $10 right now he never wins another main event. He is done, put a fork in him.

your always throwin those $10 bets out there.......

At this point he would miss the nationals to before he would be recovered. His best bet to save face is tough this out get it fixed after vegas and be 100% for next SX season... We all know he doesnt like the outdoors, he'd rather film "bubbas wacko world"..... and then next sx season we can watch him come out wad himself up again and call it career :thumbsup:

your always throwin those $10 bets out there.......

You wanna go a round??? So far all I've done is win! By the end of this season I should have a free tire coming my way. I suspect he is DONE so I should be able to collect my money soon.

I love watching Bubbles crash and with him riding "hurt" he's not going to be going fast enough to crash hard, so I think he should go under the knife so he can get back to crashing to his full potential. He will never be a champion again.

You wanna go a round??? So far all I've done is win! By the end of this season I should have a free tire coming my way. I suspect he is DONE so I should be able to collect my money soon.

if you dont remember we have going with chad vs dungey end of season.. i will collect before vegas..........

i wont go on this one i agree he is done

I actually feel really sorry for the guy. I don't have a clue as to why he continues to wad himself up, but he's had so much pressure on him from so many sides since he was a little kid, I'm surprised he's lasted this long. I really thought he would come out and surprise a lot of people this season, but to be honest, it's the same old thing we've been seeing for years now.

Edited by TheWeez

How come that damn Canadian who bet me all those pop tarts is not around so I can collect?

I actually feel really sorry for the guy. I don't have a clue as to why he continues to wad himself up, but he's had so much pressure on him from so many side since he was a little kid, I'm surprised he's lasted this long. I really thought he would come out and surprised a lot of people this season, but to be honest, it's the same old thing we've been seeing for years now.

I do as well. His knee must have been bum already though, lots of dudes slam their legs down in corners & are okay? Must have just hit it right?

I do as well. His knee must have been bum already though, lots of dudes slam their legs down in corners & are okay? Must have just hit it right?

I honestly don't think he ever truly go healthy after his outdoor wad up. Is this the other knee or the same one he hurt outdoors?
My thoughts on the ever so drama filled saga of James Stewart?

I still think the knees is an excuse, He can kick his bike just fine and can win heats and qualify in the upper tier with no problem. Why is it something every season with this guy that makes some of you think this will be THE season he turns it around? You put this guy above all other riders as if he is the number 1 contender but yet what has he accomplished since 2009? Someone always has an excuse for Stewart on here right along with him like he is claiming with this "wounded knee" ! He hurt this, he hurt that, his bike doesn't suit him, he has had too many crashes and can't think straight, his reality TV show distracted him, the team he signed with was not right for him and so on...and so on......yada-yada-yada! Most over rated rider in SX/MX history! What do I think about James Stewart? Not much since he is not in the top mix for the title.............as always!

Let the flogging began!

so now he should be able tun the full main? U always say he cant do it not hurt... now he has a knee injury and there is no diff from a short heat race and a main? How about all the other fast guys in the mains. Its all about the start as to where he finishes. You dont worry he will be right very soon.. loooong season its not over till the end.

I know ur disappointed with his points this year but dont jump ship too soon. Kisses. Oh see a dr for ur anger problem. :)