Sign in to follow this  

Cytomax?

Has anyone tried Cytomax as a hydration and performance drink while riding? I've heard a lot of good things about it and how it reduces arm pump. Ive also heard they have a new formula that tastes horribly in contrast with the older one. If anyone can get back to me on there personal opinions and experience with cytomax it would be greatly appreciated!

i used to use it when i climbed a lot. as far as drink suppliments go it was about the best i used. only mix to half strength if you're going through a lot of it.

I use it more than any of the others.

I road 100 Hilly miles on my road bicycle sat. with cytomax as my only drink other than water.

I ate a snickers and half a very small slim jim type thing at a 7-11 and that was all I consumed.

the Cliff drink mix is not bad either.

Cytomax is my no. 1.

I use and like Cytomax on my bicycles. On my dirt bike I use a Camelback and wouldn't put Cytomax in that, but would put it in a water bottle.....But I'd hafta find a place where I could carry it.

I used both cycling [MTB] and dez racing. Works rather well. I also found some other stuff, but can't recall the name, that actually drove water/hydration deep into the muscles. you mixed it in a galon of water and drank the gallon over time 3 hours prior to the event. I noticed a difference..

The stuff that works the best that I found is called Pure Power. It is made for guys riding road bicycles..

They used to make a pill called Q-Vel. It was quinine and could be bought over the counter. It was the best for cramps and arm pump.. Larry Roeseler told us about it. Unfortunatly it is no longer available over the counter.

Ive used it before...cytomax is good stuff. If you put it in your camelbak make sure you clean that sucker right when you get home...if you get lazy and leave it for a few days it will mold. Even if you go back to water the thing will still mold if left out.

I am a certified nutritionist, personal trainer and Vet Pro MXer. I have tried almost every endurance supplement on the market. Supplements like Cytomax are just that “supplements” and are supplementing your nutrition needs. This is why different supplements affect people differently due to individual nutrition/eating habits, conditioning, DNA, and athletic demands.

Cytomax is one of my favorites and was what I drank leading up-to and sometimes during GP and MX races. The recent surge in marketing around Coconut water got me researching the product, and is now my favorite. I can hydrate better before a race on a combination of Coconut water / water mix than off just water and there is science to back this up. The high levels of potassium pro-long the effects of cramping, it has just the right amount of other ingredients to push you. Lastly the potassium temporarily shifts your PH closer to natural than acidic. Your body can better uptake oxygen and rid lactic acid when you are less acidic.

The demands of motos lasting from 35 minutes to even a 2H WORCS race are unique. Not quite long enough to deplete a trained athletes energy reserves. After 35 minutes you ideally require additional hydration. Drinks like Cytomax that contain energy in various forms such as sugar are not quite as important as events lasting over 2 hours. For me personally the cost/benefit of carrying water during a race tipping point is 1 hour and if I did carry water/sport drink it would be something like Cytomax or Endurorush.

I am a certified nutritionist, personal trainer and Vet Pro MXer. I have tried almost every endurance supplement on the market. Supplements like Cytomax are just that “supplements” and are supplementing your nutrition needs. This is why different supplements affect people differently due to individual nutrition/eating habits, conditioning, DNA, and athletic demands.

Cytomax is one of my favorites and was what I drank leading up-to and sometimes during GP and MX races. The recent surge in marketing around Coconut water got me researching the product, and is now my favorite. I can hydrate better before a race on a combination of Coconut water / water mix than off just water and there is science to back this up. The high levels of potassium pro-long the effects of cramping, it has just the right amount of other ingredients to push you. Lastly the potassium temporarily shifts your PH closer to natural than acidic. Your body can better uptake oxygen and rid lactic acid when you are less acidic.

The demands of motos lasting from 35 minutes to even a 2H WORCS race are unique. Not quite long enough to deplete a trained athletes energy reserves. After 35 minutes you ideally require additional hydration. Drinks like Cytomax that contain energy in various forms such as sugar are not quite as important as events lasting over 2 hours. For me personally the cost/benefit of carrying water during a race tipping point is 1 hour and if I did carry water/sport drink it would be something like Cytomax or Endurorush.

How bout a decent clean meal including a couple bananas, and some water mixed with BCAA's before a ride (like usa labs modern bcaa)

Cytomax is good stuff for sure. I used to have insane migraines at the end of a riding day going on pure water. I added a bit of cytomax in my water bottle and I've been migraine-free ever since. I also eat well prior and during the day.

• Like 1

I like Hammer HEED pre-race... actually, all Hammer Nutrition products are awesome.

I use to use it in my camel pack during the ride and as a recovery drink. Now I just use it as a recovery aid and something else in my pack to help with cramps. It's cheap enough that you can try it for yourself and form your own opinion. I will mention that you shouldn't let it sit in your pack or else you'll be greeted with something horrible after a couple of days.