Sign in to follow this  

XCF W 250 shock lowering ratio?

I would like to lower my 2007 XCF-W 250. I've trimmed the seat as much as my ass will let me, and would prefer not using the lower shock X bushing (don't like the idea of trimming my swingarm and shock 2mm).

- I have the stock linkless WP PDS 5018, and would like to lower the rear end by about 1.5 inches. I've heard that a shim of 8mm (5/16") would take me there. Does it sounds right? Would you know the actual ratio?

- If I lower the back 1.5", and only 1" up front, do you guys think I'll see a huge handling difference? Ideally, I would like to only lower the triple clamp 1/4 inch, (compression screw hitting my bars). And shim the fork 3/4".

I like a soft suspention, I'm 190 lbs with gear, with a small fuel tank. I try to ride rocky and technical as much as possible, easy trial kind of stuff.

Thanks alot for your time :ride:

Steve

- I have the stock linkless WP PDS 5018, and would like to lower the rear end by about 1.5 inches. I've heard that a shim of 8mm (5/16") would take me there. Does it sounds right? Would you know the actual ratio?

1.5" = 38mm

at a wheel/shock ratio of about 2.8 you must install a 13mm spacer

Thanks alot :thumbsup:

Now if someone can tell me how it should ride with the rear end 1/2" (13mm) lower than the front. That would be awsome!

Steve

Lower your forks 5-6mm and add another 5-6mm of sag to the rear. This will give you a relative idea on how the change will feel.

Good ideal. Unfortunatly, the bike is in pieces.

And I'd like to do my suspension while I'm waiting on parts.

Should have thought about this earlyer.

Cheers!