Just purchased, pros and cons?

I am a happy new owner of a 2007 CRF 250R. My first 4 stroker, any pros and cons about this year and model? Any advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. It's been 10 years since I've had a bike. Glad to be back on one

• 2 weeks later...

is aftermarket more power?

it doesn't have to be a big bore to get more power. get a higher compression piston. but remember the more compression the more strain on the connecting rod, that is designed for 250ccs. well 249 if u wanna get technical. go with oem pistons. cheaper and more reliable. you cant beat the brand of pistons that started it all. Honda knows their shit. also If u wnna increase valve life. take the entire subframe off and entirely tear down the airbox. and completely reseal it with high temp rtv. 2004-2009 crfs had a very bad air box design which allowed contaminates to squeeze in past the air boot. which does a number on the valves. which answers everybodys questions about why valves go bad lol.. to peoples amazement valves don't stretch

it doesn't have to be a big bore to get more power. get a higher compression piston. but remember the more compression the more strain on the connecting rod, that is designed for 250ccs. well 249 if u wanna get technical. go with oem pistons. cheaper and more reliable. you cant beat the brand of pistons that started it all. Honda knows their shit. also If u wnna increase valve life. take the entire subframe off and entirely tear down the airbox. and completely reseal it with high temp rtv. 2004-2009 crfs had a very bad air box design which allowed contaminates to squeeze in past the air boot. which does a number on the valves. which answers everybodys questions about why valves go bad lol.. to peoples amazement valves don't stretch

Is your name mark hilton? You sound just like my mechanic >.> exact words