honda cr125 1999 difficulty starting and eating plugs

I have a 1999 honda cr125 that takes the mick to start. Well it aint started in a while now.(About a month) and it keeps eating plugs. Does any1 know what that screw/choke and the screw on the carb is set to? Once it was started and ran for about 5 minutes it kicks first time every time and my dad says it sounds great. No knocks rattles or taps and hits band nicely not losing no power.just wondering if some1 could help me getting it started a lot easier and not to eat plugs lol. Any help is appreciated thanks

might be time for a top end, whats the compression?

What does eating plugs mean? What is your jetting and air screw set at?

Definitely clean the carb and reset your float level

Thanks for all the replys so quik haha. Erm eating plugs. Killing spark plugs within a couple of mins -30 mins max. The top end was meant to have been done a couple of hours ago ( don't believe him tho ) and calo I heard of tha. That screw thing is set to 2 and half turns. But mx garage said the carb might have to get set up ( imagining its the floats etc ) cheers for info guys. Anyway to reset float levels yourself calo?

Wats ur riding elevation?

I think it is 1 3/4 turns out at sea level for the air screw, at 32:1 premix.

Then increase increments roughly 1/2 turn for every 300ft in elevation.

What is the plugs heat range?

Top end should always be done when buying second hand, cheap insurance.

Is the reed cage ok?

Is the bike spitting oil?

So, by killing and eating, I assume you mean fouling? What is your current jetting?

Thanks for all the replys so quik haha. Erm eating plugs. Killing spark plugs within a couple of mins -30 mins max. The top end was meant to have been done a couple of hours ago ( don't believe him tho ) and calo I heard of tha. That screw thing is set to 2 and half turns. But mx garage said the carb might have to get set up ( imagining its the floats etc ) cheers for info guys. Anyway to reset float levels yourself calo?

Yea I do it myself it's pretty easy this should help you. It also talks about jetting http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/347305-is-your-two-stroke-running-rich-read-here/

And watch this video. I don't what kind of carb you have but it should be the same. Consult your manual for float level. If you dont have one, I have a 1996 cr125 and the manual says it should be set at 16mm. It might work for your bike try it out.