Sign in to follow this  

Chinese copy rockers

Interesting. What did you use for break in lube?

They don't look that bad, but they do look like they weren't faced properly.

Interesting. What did you use for break in lube?

They don't look that bad, but they do look like they weren't faced properly.

I don't remember, rock oil 10w40 semi maybe. I checked the daylight between these and the camshaft and there's still a long way to go.

I thought of getting these reground when doing the rebore but I think I'll stick with the lighter stock rockers.

hard to tell but the bluing looks like it ran without oil ?

That's probably the light.

Did you use a break in grease? I went thru a full tube of moly assembly lube last year alone, just a few engines LOL.

I've had a few rockers reground, but only OEs. I'm not sure if I trust the aftermarket jobbers.

Did you use a break in grease? I went thru a full tube of moly assembly lube last year alone, just a few engines LOL.

I've had a few rockers reground, but only OEs. I'm not sure if I trust the aftermarket jobbers.

Nope, just lathered it in oil and made sure the cam pocket was brimmed with oil. Don't see the point in molygrease unless if you're doing a dry build.

That was back then though when I didn't have any moly, now I have a metric &%$#@!tonne of the stuff (need to molylube all the splines on my airhead) I oil and grease.

Edited by jonno85uk

Nope, just lathered it in oil and made sure the cam pocket was brimmed with oil. Don't see the point in molygrease unless if you're doing a dry build.

That was back then though when I didn't have any moly, now I have a metric &%$#@!tonne of the stuff (need to molylube all the splines on my airhead) I oil and grease.

I lather the cam and rockers religiously. If the engine has sat for more than a year or I replace any parts in the valve train, I coat it liberally. Seen too many good motors go down the drain from skipping this simple step. Hell, when I got my pit bike motor for my mini-quad, I pulled the head and coated the rockers and cam with assembly lube. Better safe than sorry.