Yz 125 vs Rm 125 vs Cr 125

I was wondering which of these are the best performing/fastest and what the suspension is like on these? Also what kind of maintenance are these like? I just want a simple overview of these three! Any information will be appreciated thanks!!

I have a 01 yz125 rite now. Probly the beat 125 I've owned. I had a rm 125 last yr. Was pretty good to. Idk about the cr. But id say the yz is best all around handling n power.

Thanks! I've read a few forums where it said they handle poor but I'm not sure me and a friend are looking to buy some 125

Honda

05-07 seems to be the best years for cr

03 crs have been know to have weak motors

Aluminum frame and handling seem to be pretty good when compared with other brands

5 speed transmission on some models may not be ideal for woods riding

Stock cr suspension seems to work better for heavier 125 riders

Yamaha

05+ seem to be the best years (06+ for SSS forks)

06+ suspension is widely considered the best 125 suspension

05+ have aluminum frames along with 6 speed transmission

Strong bottom end (for a 125) and engine in general

Yamaha is still making 125's!

Suzuki

01+ have same basic design

04+ have KTM clone engines

Great handling bikes

Clutch is hit or miss on rm's

Steel frame (could be viewed as a good or bad thing)

Weak bottom end with a screaming top end

thanks for the advice!! which would you recommend?

If you have the money I would get an 06+ YZ125. The stock suspension is awesome and the bike screams. Also, have you considered KTM 125/150?

Depends on what kind of riding you'll be doing and how good of a rider you are.

The YZ gets my vote.....just a better overall bike then the other 2.

I wouldn't own any 125's. But if I did, i'd get an Rm125, just seemed to handle well.

Depends on what kind of riding you'll be doing and how good of a rider you are.

Riding skill has nothing to do with it. The 06+ YZ125 and 08+ 125sx are better in every area then the Honda and Suzuki 125's.

Riding skill has nothing to do with it. The 06+ YZ125 and 08+ 125sx are better in every area then the Honda and Suzuki 125's.

Whoa, that's a bold statement that I would challenge.....

The green bike is no slouch.

The green bike is no slouch.

ya man, 03-05. :ride:

Yep, them's bikes is so good they just rides themselves. :rolleyes:

I knew someone would say this... I think if you're a damn good two stroke rider, right, the bike probably doesn't matter, but a novice in the woods? I'd have one bike picked out of those three the OP asked about.

Plus, who said he has money for an 06 yz or 08 sx? People seem to be asking ridiculous amounts for them. He's not even asking about the SX, but the YZ, CR and RM.

For what it's worth, many would argue the Honda's and Suzuki's corner better than the others, so no, the YZ and SX aren't better in every way. Also, if you're going wide open in the dunes, desert, or big MX tracks, I'd consider a top end screamer over a YZ or SX.

Whoa, that's a bold statement that I would challenge.....

Go ahead and challenge. I would love to hear your points. The 06+ YZ125 have the best stock suspension you can buy on a 125. The design, motor, suspension and frame haven't changed since 06 but its still a damn good bike. I don't feel like I have to argue why KTM has the best modern 125/150 2-stroke available.

I knew someone would say this... I think if you're a damn good two stroke rider, right, the bike probably doesn't matter, but a novice in the woods? I'd have one bike picked out of those three the OP asked about.

Plus, who said he has money for an 06 yz or 08 sx? People seem to be asking ridiculous amounts for them. He's not even asking about the SX, but the YZ, CR and RM.

For what it's worth, many would argue the Honda's and Suzuki's corner better than the others, so no, the YZ and SX aren't better in every way. Also, if you're going wide open in the dunes, desert, or big MX tracks, I'd consider a top end screamer over a YZ or SX.

Who said he didn't have the money for a newer YZ or SX?? The OP sure didn't say that. I just sold my 08 125sx for $2100, tell me how ridiculous that is. Sure, the older Suzuki and Honda 125's were good bikes but tell me how many people are riding them these days? I'd put an 08+ 125sx or 06+ YZ against any CR or RM. Its all Yamaha and KTM when your talking about 125's these days.

Go ahead and challenge. I would love to hear your points. The 06+ YZ125 have the best stock suspension you can buy on a 125. The design, motor, suspension and frame haven't changed since 06 but its still a damn good bike. I don't feel like I have to argue why KTM has the best modern 125/150 2-stroke available.

On a 125, skill has everything to do with it!

On a 125, skill has everything to do with it!

If you have nothing to add don't even bother posting. Crawl back in your hole monk.

If you have nothing to add don't even bother posting. Crawl back in your hole monk.

&%$#@! you man, your the one riding Yamahas dick claiming its the best bike ever.....adding to the fact you said skill has nothing to do with it!!! Skill has everything thing to do with riding a 125. On top of that, a RM or CR will turn circles inside a YZ all day, any day. Its way easier to make a slow bike fast then a bad handling bike better.....

Get your shit straight before you start knocking on me....

Oops, I forgot this :thumbsup:

Edited by originalmonk

Nevermind, I know the answer, your bias....that explains everything!

Edited by originalmonk