Sign in to follow this  

06 with Mods. Approx HP

Hi guys. Brand new to this forum and just picked up this bike. Bottom end was seized so i bought a new kit from Wiseco. The bike has carb mods such as Boysen accelerator pump and external adjusting screws. It has a full FMF power bomb exhaust and Hot Cams Stage 2 cam. I know those parts for a fact. I don't know for certain what the piston is but it "appears" to be aftermarket. The bottom end was a Hot Rods kit so i assume a better piston was added. I was told the head had "some work done to it". I've never been inside one of these so just trying to give you what i know or info i was given. What kind of horsepower and torque numbers should i see outta this combination? From what i have found through here and other websites is that the bike "bone stock" is in the 33HP/ 24FtLb range.

So what should i expect now? Thanks for any help and info.

Just letting you know lots of people had bad luck with Wiseco cranks snapping after very little hours.

i was going to say the same. Just be careful with those ahhah and as far as hp its hard to say with out knowing exactly whats done and whats not. Is it a high compression piston or is it oem compression? I would just add a few horse to the stock numbers and call it close

Just letting you know lots of people had bad luck with Wiseco connecting rods snapping after very little hours.

Yes sir, I thought I would be smart and go abit cheaper on the Crank+Rod from Wiseco....after 40 hours the rod snapped and tore through my case and broke everything....Wasnt so smart after all

The carb mods really don't add HP, get jetting dialled in correctly and you will see a gain in HP and response though so if you haven't done that already then it is a good idea to have a go at it !

You also don't mention the year of your bike, there are different figures on different years due to the changes it went though.

The hot cams camshaft you will be able to find a dynograph for online, they seem to add around 1HP- 1.5HP though from what I've read... Exhausts usually add 1-2HP alone also.

And the piston situation is a tricky one, if the piston (rings more importantly) are worn then you could have lost power there. I'd assume you just bought this bike, the piston may be a part you should consider changing if you don't know how much time is on it.

You also need to think about where the power is coming from, It's ok taking a bike and getting more peak HP but a smooth powerband is also a good thing and adding after market parts can disrupt that if you don't pay attention to your build.

newer bike, but here is a good test:

http://motocrossacti...bacbee4059.aspx

Good read!! Thank you very much. Mine is an 06 with similar mods however it will no longer be spending its time between the frame rails of the bike but sitting beside me on my outlaw kart. On average a kart race ready with full tank of fuel and oil with a 180# driver comes across the scales at around 370# and my old setup was yeilding around 25-28 horse on alcohol. My hope is to have this thing tuned in to somewhere near 40 horse on pump gas. Later I may switch to race fuel or alcohol and even some other engine work but for now I will run it as is and work from there. Thanks for the input guys.

its going tom take more than what you have to make 40 hp and you surley do not want to run that wiseco crank infact i would not run a oem crank with out a good rod in a cart i have built several of theses engines for cart racing and they spend a lot of time in the higher revs because of the added corner speed.

its going tom take more than what you have to make 40 hp and you surley do not want to run that wiseco crank infact i would not run a oem crank with out a good rod in a cart i have built several of theses engines for cart racing and they spend a lot of time in the higher revs because of the added corner speed.

So what fails? crank or rod? What combo would you recommend? I'm running on dirt ovals 1/8 mile or so.

use an oem crank with a carillo rod or a falicon rod i you have a oem crank thats used you can use a bearing from an early yamaha 250 2001 -2002 or a 2008 kaw 250 f bearing.

Ron,

This bike had a hot rods bottom end in it but seized the rod bearing and spit out thrust washers and bearing pieces. Would this be a better crank to use with a Carrillo setup as long as the rod journal is still good or should I be lookin for OEM crank?

Ron,

This bike had a hot rods bottom end in it but seized the rod bearing and spit out thrust washers and bearing pieces. Would this be a better crank to use with a Carrillo setup as long as the rod journal is still good or should I be lookin for OEM crank?

you can have a rod installed on that crank