APT Smart Carb! Anybody Tried One?

these carbs are only for 2stroke.

That explains the lack of information. I think its a little strange that APT doesn't make that distinction on their website...At least that I saw.

these metering carbs may work on 4strokes,it says in there tech info it does.you may have to do some research.http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.html

If it were available as an FCR replacement, I don't see any advantage to this carb on the X, especially for nearly $800. A properly set up FCR performs nearly flawless in a wide variety of conditions and altitudes on the Honda and any other 4T for that matter.

Edited by MasterT2000

I agree with you on that, they have a $350 cast instead of billet carb coming out soon.I do think it has a huge advantage for 2strokes though.mainly because it adjust for temp and alltitude on its own.

On one page it says there's an "FCR side pull" carb. Maybe that would work on the big 4 strokes?

Not temp, just altitude...

If it were available as an FCR replacement, I don't see any advantage to this carb on the X, especially for nearly $800. A properly set up FCR performs nearly flawless in a wide variety of conditions and altitudes on the Honda and any other 4T for that matter.

I agree, I ride my bike in CA at sea level during the winters in ocotillo and up to 10k ft in the Sequoia's in the summer without any changes or problems. But this carb is cool.

0 ft to 9000 ft without any running issues.

Remember, these 'smart' carbs and FI systems are not that smart.

They can't be without an O2 sensor on the exhaust to monitor F/A ratios.......and a mass air flow sensor, and a corresponding ECU to create compensating maps.

They only compensate for Air Density, but not Moisture, or O2levels, and only by adjusting fuel metering by 5% or so.

It's just an electronic carb.....