That Iconic smell over time.

So I was plundering deep into the show a few weeks ago and I found what looked like a old can of paint. When I cleaned I off it was a really old can of two stroke oil from some brand ive never heard of before. I was itching to try it, and I ran some of it through my 250. Dude... The premix back then smells so much different than it does today. It reminds me of the stuff I use in my chainsaw. Whats so much different about the oil they used back in the 70s as opposed to the I use now? I cant imagie how great it was with that as the only thing you could smell at the track...

Kind of a side note... what do you guys think the best smelling premix is? I know its a opinion but it has to be either klots or yamalube. I Just wana hear what you all have to say!

Best smelling? BLENZALL green

i personally think maxima castor 927 smells the best, ahhh i just love it

i personally think maxima castor 927 smells the best, ahhh i just love it

+1

Blendzall is good but Mobil 1 synthetic 2 stroke oil mixed with race fuel WAS my favorite. Unfortunately, Mobil discontinued it.

I like Klotz....makes the woods smell like bubblegum

I love just about any 2 stroke smell but the BRP mineral oil in the sleds is awesome

I love the smell of premix in the morning.

Maxima SUPER M Blue The BEST premix.

That old school 2-stoke smell is castor based oil. I love the smell but I have heard it gums up power valves. Also heard you can't borrow gas from your buddy if one of you are using it.

BLENZALL GOLD

2r with race gas is the shit