Need help!

First off hi to everyone! I have a 91DR350S, I bought this about 8 months ago not running for 200 bucks, chased it down to the stator, got 5 months of good riding then all of the sudden when on my way to work she dies. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get her back up and going as my h&c camaro sucks wayyyyy to much gas lol. Things I have gone through, CDI, stator, coil went through the wiring harness can't find any shorts, tried a new plug, a new battery even a couple of different regulators/rectifiers ign. Switch. Another problem I am having is the rear running light wont turn on. I appreciate any all input.

Thanks!

First off hi to everyone! I have a 91DR350S, I bought this about 8 months ago not running for 200 bucks, chased it down to the stator, got 5 months of good riding then all of the sudden when on my way to work she dies. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get her back up and going as my h&c camaro sucks wayyyyy to much gas lol. Things I have gone through, CID, stator, coil went through the wiring harness can't find any shorts, tried a new plug, a new battery even a couple of different regulators/rectifiers ign. Switch. Another problem I am having is the rear running light wont turn on. I appreciate any all input.

Thanks!

Edited by Minman

Ok did some more testing tonight with the kill switch, with the key in the run position and the kill switch to run there is no continuity between the two wire for the kill switch, so that checks out. Now what seems odd to me is when i kick the engine over(with my hand) the wires for some reason have continuity. I am assuming that means theres a short? Can any one tell me if this normal? I am going to take the stator cover off to see if there somthing a miss with the wiring in there.

Again thanks for any input.

Ok so took the stator cover off found out that the "mechanic" that I had install stator didn't use loctite on the stator bolts, so I put some loctite on them put all back together and she started right up. I let it warm up and it died, there's no spark again... Could the bolt(that was hitting flywheel rotor) cause the stator to go bad?