Sign in to follow this  

02' YZ125 clutch cable removal break

Removing my old clutch cable and near the clutch pivot where it is held in place by a C type holder. The C clamp that comes right off the engine case broke. Is there any way to repair this without replacing the entire casing?

I had to fabricate one from some thin steel that bolted through one of cover bolts and.folds over top to hold in place. Been that way for years.

I had to fabricate one from some thin steel that bolted through one of cover bolts and.folds over top to hold in place. Been that way for years.

Could you post a picture or some instructions on how you did it? I don't have a very good idea on how you set up.

Something like this, the top could've been rounded more around cable but was in a hurry when I made it

1359067322844.jpg

• Like 1

Something like this, the top could've been rounded more around cable but was in a hurry when I made it

So the piece of metal is just going over the top of the cable in conjunction with the existing clutch stop thing? Thank you. Saved me quite a bit of money.

Sounds like u got it. I originally was worried about it maybe spinning or trying to turn when under pressure, but the remaining section of the clamp prevents it from doing so. Main purpose of piece is hold cable down;)

Sounds like u got it. I originally was worried about it maybe spinning or trying to turn when under pressure, but the remaining section of the clamp prevents it from doing so. Main purpose of piece is hold cable down;)

Can't thank you enough for this fx.