MN X

I haven't posted in a while from the great white north (no riding, so it bums me out). I thought I'd drop in to remind you West coast guys that even though you have to have a smog block off kit and hack your bikes to heck to get them to run right, at least you can ride! So somebody please crack a throttle for me cause this is what an X looks like in Minnesota when its -20 below...

O.K., the X is really in my shed in the back yard and you are looking at a fish house on 20 inches of ice at a nearby lake (no fish biting though :banghead:). I really need to get some studded tires cause some guys around here are crazy enough to ride all winter... Anyhow, back to the TT store to rack up more credit card charges getting ready for spring... only 2 more months away! :ride:

Fish House.jpg

I'll crack open a throttle , and a top on a cold one for ya! Looks like you are still deep into schnapp's and hot toddy season up there, --- Oklahoma and Texas (as well as the left coast) is beer time year round !

I don't know how you guys do it up there.

Hell, I'll crack two throttles for ya.

Go Vikings!

It was 82 in Phoenix yesterday and its 80 outside right now!!

tomerb, your killin' me dude.

I spent a summer in AZ though and fried an egg on the sidewalk, so I'm not quite ready to immigrate yet. Maybe I need to be a snowbird and have bikes in both places. Ride the winters there, summers here. Dang, now I need a toy hauler so I can follow the seasons and ride nationwide, year round! Anybody want in on the caravan? I'm off to persuade my wife to become a gypsy. Thanks for crackin' a throttle and a bottle!

It was so cold here in Phoenix on New Year that I had to wear a long sleeve tshirt under my jersey :D

Hate to rub it in --- but i had a pretty awesome ride yesterday down here in the Oklahoma scrub brush -- 68 degrees out and slightly overcast

-- this pic taken after a pretty solid get-off trying to wrap the X around a tree it wasn't designed to wrap around - LOL

luckilly , speeds in the singletrack are not that high

phonepics--1-24-13669.jpg

Kymmster, thanks for the video. My 11 year old wants to come down and ride now. He thinks the single track looks nice down there but is not so sure about your "attacking rocks" and taking a digger into a cactus. I gotta get me a GoPro. We could watch footage all winter, nice.....

@DMC707 nice pic, I thought I got the only limited edition crf450xt (designed for maximum tree attraction). Looks like we ride similar woods (and 68 is perfect!). Our last ride was in October, it was 28 degrees and snowed. We even had to bust out the under armor cold gear! It was a beautiful day to be in the woods though.

DSC04490.JPG

Our last ride was in October, it was 28 degrees and snowed. We even had to bust out the under armor cold gear! It was a beautiful day to be in the woods though.

Isn't that Under Armour stuff the greatest? --- Up in MN , i know you guys and gals have thicker skins for cold weather than an Okie for sure, but if its gonna be in the 40's , i just slip on a UA long sleeve undershirt and there is no need for a jacket. If its colder than that , i also use the "Cold Gear" compression shirts under the undershirt (under under armour?) , but those things are so tight they can be distracting

If you don't like the compression type cold gear (1.0, 2.0) try the 3.0 (which I have) or the new cold gear 4.0. The 3 and 4 have a small waffle pattern on them and are looser fitting yet still wick away sweat. They are seriously warm though. Like you said, I can wear that stuff with just a t-shirt over it on the lake ice fishing and as long as I move around a little once in a while I'm good. I thought it was crazy to drop $80 for the shirt and another $80 for pants but now I'm sold. Having the right gear even makes the long winters bearable! Oh, they make a killer facemask too (best I've tried).

tomerb, your killin' me dude.

I spent a summer in AZ though and fried an egg on the sidewalk, so I'm not quite ready to immigrate yet. Maybe I need to be a snowbird and have bikes in both places. Ride the winters there, summers here. Dang, now I need a toy hauler so I can follow the seasons and ride nationwide, year round! Anybody want in on the caravan? I'm off to persuade my wife to become a gypsy. Thanks for crackin' a throttle and a bottle!

You could save some gas and just make one drive to CA where we ride year round in 60-70 most the time. Just an idea. :thumbsup: