DRZ exhaust swap ?

I have drz 400E model stock... Found full yoshi rs3 for good price. Is the header with yoshi better than stock E? Also will I have to jet and do 3x3 mod immediately?

is the pipe off of an s or sm? the E's have slightly different subframe mounting point.

The full system will be better than a full stock system. If you do put a new exhaust on, it's in your best interest to rejet,

depending on the year of the E it might already have the 3x3 and fcr. what year E?

It's a 2003e do not know ill have to ask if it came off a s or sm?

I have drz 400E model stock... Found full yoshi rs3 for good price. Is the header with yoshi better than stock E? Also will I have to jet and do 3x3 mod immediately?

The stock E exhaust system is fairly free flowing compared to s/sm models...only minor gains will be achieved by changing to an RS3...though you will have an increase in noise , so you mite think it's much better than it actually will be... :confused:

If it's jetted correctly for the E system it should be fine for the RS3...

I believe the E and RS3 headpipe will be the same inside diameter..

Edited by Craigo 485sm

I put a FMF Q on my 2004 400E. It is somewhat louder but guaranteed to be 96 or less so it will work in restricted areas. I think the main difference is at the last 1000 - 1500 rpm where the stock exhaust starts to choke up the flow. In the tight Ohio woods I can't really use the difference that much BUT . . . . It weighs 3lbs less (i weighed them both) than stock and lets face it bling is is not just for rappers and girls. It looks a lot better.

So looking like leaving the bike stock is my best bet. Although I can do the 3x3 mod and then jet? What jet works best on stock E

the E's have slightly different subframe mounting point.

Can you expand on this? Can an aftermarket E system fit an SM?

It will ft, but the hole in the subframe is a few mm off (midpipe-ish mount), just have to use a different bolt hole/bracket. not a huge deal.

It will ft, but the hole in the subframe is a few mm off (midpipe-ish mount), just have to use a different bolt hole/bracket. not a huge deal.

Have you done this? I have an RS3 slip-on for an E (long story) that I want to mount on my S. Do you happen to have bracket dimensions?

Also, I think I have heard that if you mount an E headpipe on the S it will then allow the E slip on RS3 to fit? Is that true - can someone confirm?

I have not done it personally, but a lot of folks who bought the yosh trc when it was still around had pics of install.

If I remember correctly, it just uses a different hole, instead of the actual pipe mount its like a foot peg hole or something