650R 15-Tooth front sprocket, which case saver?

I want to run a 15-tooth up front on my 650R. From the research I've done, it looks like some guys run a stock case saver and a 15. However, when I put it on there with the case saver nothing was rubbing but there is maybe 1/8" clearance. Wasn't sure if it would work.

http://www.xrsonly.c...0r-15-tooth-red

Can't go wrong. MUCH stronger than stock. Uses one of the engine mount bolts for extra strength. Also in silver.

And yes I have thrown a chain. I got lucky as I always only going <3mph. The stock one was destroyed (14t). If I were going fast it wouldn't have held up for sure. Just a freak accident with the chain.

Edited by bamfslap

http://www.xrsonly.c...0r-15-tooth-red

Can't go wrong. MUCH stronger than stock. Uses one of the engine mount bolts for extra strength. Also in silver.

And yes I have thrown a chain. I got lucky as I always only going <3mph. The stock one was destroyed (14t). If I were going fast it wouldn't have held up for sure. Just a freak accident with the chain.

Yep, I've seen XR's . My problem is I've dumped a bunch of money into the bike recently and I keep telling my wife I'll stop, but there's always something pops up. I'd like to stick with the stocker if I can. Happy wife=happy life you know!!

I understand that but this is not something you want to rely on the stocker to save your engine/cases, XR's only is excellent protection if you plan to keep your bike long term. This is not a category to go cheap on.

The other category to not go cheap on is the replacement seat on the XR650R, stocker is hard as a rock and I replaced mine with Guts foam and cover, what a difference!

Before the 650L guys chime in, this is a 650R discussion. 650L and 600R seats are decent.

Edited by hodakaharold

I have a xr's only case saver on my xrr.It said 14 tooth on it.I geared up to a 15 tooth and it just knocked a little aluminum off of the case saver-it adjusted itself.I switch between 14 and 15 in front with 47 rear.trying to set a bike up for touring + dirt is tough.