Sign in to follow this  

brake pads

EBC or Tusk carbons.

i brought ebc mxs pads for my cr recently are they decent ebc pads or is there better im putting them on a 1997 rm125 that i plan to race this year (bit of fun) ive replaced the discs and got a braided front line so want good pads

The best brake pads are the OEM units. I've always found aftermarkets to work good but wear rapidly. The nissin stock pads work very well and last a long time.

Be sure to flush your brake fluid, clean the mud out of your caliper, and grease your caliper "floating" pins. Often a soft pedal/lever feel is corrected by replacing the brake line.

XR250R dude

Yes the EBC MXs pads work great they also have another pad that i do not remember what its called but its new and its i think $75 a set . I have a offer to try some out so i will see how they work .

Have flushed brake fluid and have new braided front line i have noticed tho when bleedn that the lever wouldnt get that firm until u move the bike and use the break is that normal

Have flushed brake fluid and have new braided front line i have noticed tho when bleedn that the lever wouldnt get that firm until u move the bike and use the break is that normal

Afer you change lines, replace pads or bleed the brakes, you should always pump or squeeze the lever a few times before riding. That will get the 'feel' back into the lever for you. I beleive what you are describing is that you are not doing that before trying to ride?

I am doing that just my other bikes got alot firmer before doing that. The leaver is still kind of soft untill you pull in half way i couldnt get it any better

FWIW the EBC mx pads will suck at first till you get them bed in but then they work well . I run a CRF stuff oversized front and stock rear with the ebc mx and you better hang on if you hit the brakes becuse she stops

FWIW the EBC mx pads will suck at first till you get them bed in but then they work well . I run a CRF stuff oversized front and stock rear with the ebc mx and you better hang on if you hit the brakes becuse she stops

i think ill get a full set of them front and rear (ebc mxs) , with the replaced brake discs and braided front line it should be good to go