cr 250 crank case swap?

I have a 00 cr250,needing a left crank case.

My question is will a left crank case from a 98-99 model fit my 00 bottom end?

They look identical!

Swap from 1992 to 2001 should be ok

bump

Bump

I'm pretty sure there will be no issue to mount your cylinder on any crankcase from 92 to 2001.

But since there can be some small diffenrences with the cases themselves (oil passages size for exemple), you'd better get a pair of the same year cases and sell the case you don't need anymore.

The piston stroke is the same on theses years (the OEM crank part is the same number, meaning same crack...so no difference on the stroke).

The main difference is the piston and piston cylinder head : they were domed on 92-96 then became flat since 97 to 01.

This make it a great engine to easely find parts.

I swaped my 2 broken crank cases on my 1994 for a set of 1996 cases with no issue.

I'm pretty sure there will be no issue to mount your cylinder on any crankcase from 92 to 2001.

But since there can be some small diffenrences with the cases themselves (oil passages size for exemple), you'd better get a pair of the same year cases and sell the case you don't need anymore.

The piston stroke is the same on theses years (the OEM crank part is the same number, meaning same crack...so no difference on the stroke).

The main difference is the piston and piston cylinder head : they were domed on 92-96 then became flat since 97 to 01.

This make it a great engine to easely find parts.

I swaped my 2 broken crank cases on my 1994 for a set of 1996 cases with no issue.

Thanks some good info there.

Sounds like it might just work after all, The domed piston cases i will stay clear of, but the 97-01 i will give a try.

Is the squish band the same on a 97-01? Or is that something i should be thinkin of?

Thanks some good info there.

Sounds like it might just work after all, The domed piston cases i will stay clear of, but the 97-01 i will give a try.

Is the squish band the same on a 97-01? Or is that something i should be thinkin of?

If cases are same 97-01 and you use OEM gasket the squish band would be unaffected but be aware each model year cylinder prolly has its own tweak regarding squish band. Case selection won't affect this.

If cases are same 97-01 and you use OEM gasket the squish band would be unaffected but be aware each model year cylinder prolly has its own tweak regarding squish band. Case selection won't affect this.

Tnx for the info.

Im off to look for a case!

Not cheap but that is what you're looking for

http://cgi.ebay.fr/H...=item2a252771ca

I have one on another site for 150 dollars, waitin for a reply for the P&P.

Not sayin which site out of paranoia it will be gone. 8)

In case anyone wants to know, the 98 case fit perfect.

Tnx for the info.

what site did you end up getting it off of ? I didn't know there were other sites that had parts like this

On 3/13/2013 at 3:48 AM, bonescr250r said:

In case anyone wants to know, the 98 case fit perfect.

Tnx for the info.

Thank God because I just bought a 98 case and have a 2000.