no pop off jumps? suspension soaking it up? help me?

The other day i wrnt to speed citi mx for first time n on a few jumps it seems no matter how hard i hit em i never get the distance!

For example tgeres a pretlly long strsight than a niced sized table i would literslly pass people up to it and they would clearvit and id land on top!!

I ride a 2011 kx 450 im not a complete newb on jumps just an idiot at setting suspension

Im on stock springs but im 185lbs so i font think im too far off from intended weight!

Thanx for help in advance!!

Most likely your not going fast enough to clear the jump! If your suspension is soaking up the face that much you may want to call one of the factory teams and let them know you have what they've been looking for, for about 20 years.

I recommend you have someone watch you that knows what they are looking at so you can get a second opinion.

You may be passing them on the flat but that doesn't mean you are carrying more speed up the face than they are. If your suspension is really soaking up the face that well, imagine what an advantage that would be. You could carry much more speed than everybody else and still land comfortably on the down side. Come to think of it... that's the trick to the game!

You may be passing them on the flat but that doesn't mean you are carrying more speed up the face than they are.

yep!

there are jumps you can idle until half of the face, then clear them by a short turn of the throttle tube.

in the other direction, you can hit the face full speed, then shut the throttle 5 feet before takeoff...

Most likely your not going fast enough to clear the jump! If your suspension is soaking up the face that much you may want to call one of the factory teams and let them know you have what they've been looking for, for about 20 years.

LMAOOOO^^^^ that killed me. but true bro.....you should be the happiest person in the world with that type of suspension.

yeah, i'd say you're not carrying enough speed. you want your suspension to soak up the face. you watch faster guys and they're doing extra soaking with body english and bending of the knees of faces to stay lower. you don't want "pop" off of jumps, its not skateboarding. stay on the throttle longer and try being in a higher gear