Head injury

Interesting article on NFL brain injuries & scans from living NFL players. Totally relates to MX. After reading this, everyone needs to be nice to Doshi ?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/22/new-scanning-technique-reveals-proof-brain-damage-in-living-retired-nfl-players/

Sabeen, surely you can't be suggesting that motocrossers travel fast enough to get a concussion? Slackdaddy has all but assured us that it is simply not the case. They need to accelerate to at least the speed of an NFL lineman to be in any danger. Doshis problems? Can't really say...

Sabeen, surely you can't be suggesting that motocrossers travel fast enough to get a concussion? Slackdaddy has all but assured us that it is simply not the case. They need to accelerate to at least the speed of an NFL lineman to be in any danger. Doshis problems? Can't really say...

I thought when that argument took place it was a question of the helmets not being designed for the lower speeds?

The NFL is going to have to deal with this sooner or later. The fact that they avoided it for so long means big $$$ will be paid out someday

I don't get that. These guys know it's a high risk sport. Boxers don't go suing fists for being too hard. I get the NFL makes a lot of money off these guys but I do not understand how it is their fault
  • Like 2

I don't get that. These guys know it's a high risk sport. Boxers don't go suing fists for being too hard. I get the NFL makes a lot of money off these guys but I do not understand how it is their fault

I don't get it either but a few players have already begun and since the NFL looked the other way for decades the players will eventually win IMO

http://nflconcussion...ion.com/?p=1327

The number of former players suing the NFL continues to grow by the week. In the month of December alone, more than 70 players joined the NFL Concussion Litigation Club. The number of former players suing the NFL has eclipsed 4,000. There are approximately 12,000 living, former players. More than 1/3 of all players to ever sign an NFL contract are now taking on the shield, seeking a piece of that $9.5 billion pie the former players helped create.
Edited by meyermetal

I replaced my helmet today, at least yearly if not more.

These guys hit the same helmet all season I believe.

&%$#@!?

Football helmets are not built the same as a motorcycle helmet, they can be smoked as many times as you'd like to have your head in it. Generally air suspension systems, they don't crush and stay crushed.

• Like 1