2011 Honda CRF450R Modding Suggestions

I just bought a 2011 Honda CRF450R (54 hours) from someone I know personally and trust (he bought it brand new) and was wondering what if anything would you recommend changing?

The suspension as been completely redone (my specs) by MX Tech (greatest suspension-Love it), ECU has been remapped by Tokyo Mods and hits much harder now than stock mapping. It also has been semi-ported and a Yosh full exhaust. Also Rekluse EXP (almost forgot).

I just didnt know if there would be anything else you would suggest needed done to dial in the bikes performance.

You guys helped me so much with my 02 that I dumped way to much money in and I was hoping to glean from your years of experience and insight.

Thanks

I ride mainly on MX Tracks

get a high compression piston!

Edited by yamahakid88

22mm offset tripple clamps.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but youve got a lot of bike. If you want to get faster, take a couple riding lessons from a good solid Pro. I took one with Marty Smith probably 10-12 years ago or so and it made a huge difference.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but youve got a lot of bike. If you want to get faster, take a couple riding lessons from a good solid Pro. I took one with Marty Smith probably 10-12 years ago or so and it made a huge difference.

22mm offset tripple clamps.

get a high compression piston!

Thanks guys! I appreciate every response. Piston will definately be in my near future, probably at the end of this season and the triple clamps was something I was already considering but figured I would wait until I ride the bike a few hours on the track to see if I like the set up on it or need to make the change.

As far as the lessons, that would be awesome but when you own your own business and it consumes 60-70 hours a week of your life it is difficult. I do ride with a gentleman that is working his way up and trying to make it, he has been to the camps etc. He does help me but again I am 40yrs old. Im not looking to keep up with these young ones. I just want to be as fast as I want when I want having fun in the process.

Thanks again to all three of your responses. I appreciate your time!!

if u want good solid power , great service and advice Venning Motorsports, Scott is the best person that i have ever delt with does great work fast turn around and will tell u what u need even if it dont benifit him thats hard to find most motor builders will tell u u need what they have even if aint the best for you.

I have a 12 with all the mods you mention plus: Tassinari intake (short velocity stack), and HotCams stage 3 cam. Transformed the powerband all over. 49 tooth driven sprocket and a quick turn throttle gave me the needed punch for jumps right out of a turn.

I have a 12 with all the mods you mention plus: Tassinari intake (short velocity stack), and HotCams stage 3 cam. Transformed the powerband all over. 49 tooth driven sprocket and a quick turn throttle gave me the needed punch for jumps right out of a turn.

+1 on the airboot, i do not have it, but everyone that has tried it claimed it increased HP across the grid, not a bad investment. I just don't have the money :(

if u want good solid power , great service and advice Venning Motorsports, Scott is the best person that i have ever delt with does great work fast turn around and will tell u what u need even if it dont benifit him thats hard to find most motor builders will tell u u need what they have even if aint the best for you.

+1 on the airboot, i do not have it, but everyone that has tried it claimed it increased HP across the grid, not a bad investment. I just don't have the money :(

Thanks so much for the insight. I am currently running a 49 tooth sprocket because I usually pull out of corners in 3rd gear. Didnt even think about changing out the cam when changing out top end but I will look into this and the intake was something I have been looking into but might have to wait till end of this season (airboot to boot!). I am not for sure where Vinny Motosports is but I have a solid mechanic (Shaun King - just out of Cicero IN) I trust and compared to shops around here 1/2 the price and is willing to teach me so I can do the work myself eventually without screwing it up.

I really do enjoy working on the bikes (We have 5) but when getting into the engine (I have no experience with 4 strokes - grew up on 2 strokes and my brothers were the mechanics) I just want to make sure it was done perfectly. Nothing like being mid flight and something going wrong with the engine....

Again thanks for the consideration to reply and give me your insights. Greatly appreciated!!

I put a 12.5:1 piston and a stage 2 cam on my '09 and it really came to life and it only cost about $500.

port/polish, stage 2 hot cam, 14:1 compression piston, moto-t intake, pipe and youre set!

I put a 12.5:1 piston and a stage 2 cam on my '09 and it really came to life and it only cost about $500.

port/polish, stage 2 hot cam, 14:1 compression piston, moto-t intake, pipe and youre set!

Thanks so much for the input. Looks like Ill be making a nice 1500+ investment into my bike by the end of the season...

Im looking forward to this season!

Did the suspension revalve swap out the lower link for a longer one?

I've been riding with a Ride Engineering lower ink on my 2011 and it really assisted the handling.

I even tried a 2012 link and knuckle and the Ride Engineering link was better in my opinion.

BTW: I have an extra MT AIRFORCE for a 2011 450R... PM me if you might be interested

Did the suspension revalve swap out the lower link for a longer one?

I've been riding with a Ride Engineering lower ink on my 2011 and it really assisted the handling.

I even tried a 2012 link and knuckle and the Ride Engineering link was better in my opinion.

BTW: I have an extra MT AIRFORCE for a 2011 450R... PM me if you might be interested

Im not for sure about that. I have not gotten it back yet but I would assume no (ill check into it though). Thanks for the info.