Chad Reed and the forks

Supercross

What did RV change?

His bars. They used his current bend but with thinner walls so he could get a better feel for how the forks are reacting and what the tire is doing.

What did RV change?

According to RacerX,

"It’s no secret that Villopoto hasn’t been entirely comfortable with the setup on his bike. He’s got the new Showa SFF air forks and this week the team went back to work to try to make the bike work a little better. Clearly, they hit on something that worked. Besides the fork change, Villopoto switched from a no-crossbar Renthal Fatbar to the traditional TwinWall bar, which theoretically would flex less and provide more feedback in the turns, but Ryan said it was more for bend purposes than for fork improvement."

His bars. They used his current bend but with thinner walls so he could get a better feel for how the forks are reacting and what the tire is doing.

According to RacerX,

"It’s no secret that Villopoto hasn’t been entirely comfortable with the setup on his bike. He’s got the new Showa SFF air forks and this week the team went back to work to try to make the bike work a little better. Clearly, they hit on something that worked. Besides the fork change, Villopoto switched from a no-crossbar Renthal Fatbar to the traditional TwinWall bar, which theoretically would flex less and provide more feedback in the turns, but Ryan said it was more for bend purposes than for fork improvement."

Maybe it's just me but one post seems more credible than the other

Maybe it's just me but they both say pretty much the same thing. :rolleyes:

I know right? RacerX has zero cred in my book too.

Cause Honda is letting them use last years forks :D

Wait, I thought that Canard and Barcia's bikes were more Honda factory sponsored than Reeds. Are you sure they are running the old forks? That doesn't make sense. Maybe they will all go back to the single exhaust too. I think it just his setup or maybe the tires. It would be super easy to build a set of air look-alike forks with springs in them. Reed always needs some time to come back after injury. When he went off that jump and almost went into orbit a couple years ago it took him quite a few races to get back up to speed. The more kids you have the harder it gets to imagine them standing bedside with you paralyzed from the neck down and them asking "does this mean I can't go to college dad?"

I will vouch, 2uptite IS very connected, if you clowns would shut up and pay attention you may learn a thing or two.

I will vouch, 2uptite IS very connected, if you clowns would shut up and pay attention you may learn a thing or two.

Again, all we ask for is a name. His, not anyone elses, and we can weigh the validity of his info. I doubt that anything shared on TT poses a threat to him since the factories likely don't even know what it is. MRD I would say has cred given hisplace in the industry, Uptite just comes across as an ass if you question him. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but without verification he hasn't really shared anything that hasn't been posted anywhere. That just makes him another internet goon like us. Oh yeah, I forgot :rolleyes: need a smiley so no ones panties get bunched.

I'm kinda leaning toward Holley

Yeah, we've learned so much, so far every bit has been available elsewhere :lol: .

Again, all we ask for is a name. His, not anyone elses, and we can weigh the validity of his info. I doubt that anything shared on TT poses a threat to him since the factories likely don't even know what it is. MRD I would say has cred given hisplace in the industry, Uptite just comes across as an ass if you question him. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but without verification he hasn't really shared anything that hasn't been posted anywhere. That just makes him another internet goon like us. Oh yeah, I forgot :rolleyes: need a smiley so no ones panties get bunched.

I'm kinda leaning toward Holley

It's not Holley, and if he is outted he will leave. Just know he has cred and has raced numerous main events and won motos in the Nats. Who cares who he is, you don't know my name.

Yeah, we've learned so much, so far every bit has been available elsewhere :lol: .

Really? I tried to tell you nut jobs that Dean Wilson wasn't going to Honda. Most of you called me an idiot and said I ddn't know where he was going because he was going to 22, I said no, Honda wont let Reed hire him. Then I said he was going to PC and everyone again said I was an idiot. Thats just one example, but whose counting.

I am sure he could reveal a lot more, maybe he also just likes to answer your guys questions.

Really? I tried to tell you nut jobs that Dean Wilson wasn't going to Honda. Most of you called me an idiot and said I ddn't know where he was going because he was going to 22, I said no, Honda wont let Reed hire him. Then I said he was going to PC and everyone again said I was an idiot. Thats just one example, but whose counting.

Look brah, you look like the kid on the playground that keeps puffing up then running off with his toys then coming back. It is you who does not seem to understand something here. It is like you are looking for relevance & you come off like an ass. Most people who are tough, know something, etc don't feel a need to keep telling everyone they are. It is simple psychology. Like DC, Mattes, or whoever is going to act like you online?

I am sure he could reveal a lot more, maybe he also just likes to answer your guys questions.

Who is dirt shark? Edited by Sabeen

I'm connected

What's your address?

Look brah, you look like the kid on the playground that keeps puffing up then running off with his toys then coming back. It is you who does not seem to understand something here. It is like you are looking for relevance & you come off like an ass. Most people who are tough, know something, etc don't feel a need to keep telling everyone they are. It is simple psychology. Like DC, Mattes, or whoever is going to act like you online?

I have a big penis

Look Bra, I didn't come into this thread with any arrogance at all. I came here and answered some question that was asked that I knew, I didnt pop off at all, until the peanut gallery, dicks like you, started in. Why you feel the need to go from thread to thread stalking me is a little disurbing actually, but what ever helps you feel better about yourself.

Just so you guys know, I didnt ask finch to say a thing for me, and he probably thinks Im someone else too.

Edited by 2uptite

Uptite posted a pic of his kid. If his kid looks anything like him I have a good idea who he is

Edited by meyermetal

Look Bra, I didn't come into this thread with any arrogance at all. I came here and answered some question that was asked that I knew, I didnt pop off at all, until the peanut gallery, dicks like you, started in. Why you feel the need to go from thread to thread stalking me is a little disurbing actually, but what ever helps you feel about yourself.

Just so you guys know, I didnt ask finch to say a thing for me, and he probably thinks Im someone else too.

HAHAHAHAHA, You're very first post was to tell everyone how much you knew & the ones that followed were "I am somebody, I know stuff too bad you guys ran me off, yet I am still here". You must be really daft considering every thread you speak of has me posting long before you show up :bonk: :bonk: :awww:. You just seem to need some sort of validation that you are not getting elsewhere. Edited by Sabeen

HAHAHAHAHA, You're very first post was to tell everyone how much you knew & the ones that followed were "I am somebody, I know stuff too bad you guys ran me off, yet I am still here". You must be really daft considering every thread you speak of has me posting long before you show up :bonk: :bonk: :awww:. You just seem to need some sort of validation that you are not getting elsewhere.

ok

I am sure he can.....but alot his answers have wrong info

Edited by Rich_Bing

I am sure he can.....but alot his answers have wrong info

Like?