Sign in to follow this  

Wont Start...

My Poor RMZ has been sitting in my garage for seven months because I got injured, and now that I'm able I'm having a lot of trouble starting it. I've tried fresh (super-unleaded) gas, carb cleaner, so on and so on. I've tried the lot. The most I've gotten it to do is "idle" with the choke on. If I take it off or I so much as touch the gas it stalls out... Any suggestions? Thanks.

That still sounds like a carb problem. Did you remove it and completely clean it? Or just spray carb cleaner in there?

That still sounds like a carb problem. Did you remove it and completely clean it? Or just spray carb cleaner in there?

I took the boot off the airbox side and sprayed carb cleaner in it. Its time to take it all the way out huh?

We had a similar problem. Try taking the jets out and cleaning them thoroughly. Particularly with ethanol gas, they get clogged, and after sitting for only a few months, they can get loaded enough to keep the bike from running right.

We had a similar problem. Try taking the jets out and cleaning them thoroughly. Particularly with ethanol gas, they get clogged, and after sitting for only a few months, they can get loaded enough to keep the bike from running right.

Agreed. Clean the jets out real good. My carb gunked up after 2 weeks of sitting one time.