Sign in to follow this  

New Beta 400RR

So my new bike arrived home yesterday! SO far all the hyde protection has been fitted. Tomorrow a pipe guard and some Cycra had guards as well as fork bleeders and a bar riser will be installed. Then I have the clutch slave cylinder guard, rear shark fin and radiator guards on their way. Riding the whole weekend!

25267210151187924392657.jpg

• Like 2

Loving it already and I've only done 15 minutes of riding. Tomorrow I'll set the suspension sag etc and post some more pics!

You'll need about 8-10 hours to bed-in the suspension, so keep in mind that you will have to check sag more than once.

For this - classified - tip, I am expecting you to sent me the s/arm HYDE cover for my 300.

Don't worry about shipping, its on me........ :ride::smirk:

You'll need about 8-10 hours to bed-in the suspension, so keep in mind that you will have to check sag more than once.

For this - classified - tip, I am expecting you to sent me the s/arm HYDE cover for my 300.

Don't worry about shipping, its on me........ :ride::smirk:

We can make a plan!

So my new bike arrived home yesterday! SO far all the hyde protection has been fitted. Tomorrow a pipe guard and some Cycra had guards as well as fork bleeders and a bar riser will be installed. Then I have the clutch slave cylinder guard, rear shark fin and radiator guards on their way. Riding the whole weekend!

Hydes website doesnt list a application for Beta. If the new frame is close to the 05-09 frames I'm gonna get me one. Alum is way to noisy especially when strapped underneath a rfs engine.

I got the Unibiker rad guards, finicky install but nice peices, rad guards did you get?

• Like 1

I got the Unibiker rad guards, finicky install but nice peices, rad guards did you get?

You are going to love the Unibiker Rad guards. They are a PITA to install but well worth it. I used bolts taped to zip ties and fed them through on my KTM. Here are a few pics of my Install:

100_2781.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2777-1.jpg

It will be much easier on a new bike.

That word is taboo on KTMTalk. Something to do with some stupid African lawsuit or something.

Why would they lock you out, why not just delete it or post they don't want riders talking about Hyde, seem silly.

• Like 1

You are going to love the Unibiker Rad guards. They are a PITA to install but well worth it. I used bolts taped to zip ties and fed them through on my KTM. Here are a few pics of my Install:

100_2781.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2777-1.jpg

It will be much easier on a new bike.

The fender washers were a pain, I could get the bolts in with my socket and then put the washer though the guard onto the bolt, bottom only though, the brace between the two sides was tight with the stock hose setup as well but they are super solid. Oh and I had to use longer bolts to go through the shrouds, brace into the rad mount and use thread locker on everything, the blue not the red.

Edited by 262 2stroke

Why would they lock you out, why not just delete it or post they don't want riders talking about Hyde, seem silly.

I'm kind of "over the top" when saying they will lock you out. You will get a stern warning though. And yes, the post will be deleted and the word Hyde is filtered out like a cuss word. KTMTalk is a very strict website.

Edited by ballisticexchris
  • Like 1

I'm kind of "over the top" when saying they will lock you out. You will get a stern warning though. And yes, the post will be deleted and the word Hyde is filtered out like a cuss word. KTMTalk is a very strict website.

you vill follow zee orders!!

• Like 2

Sweet ride!

Running a Hyde bashplate on my DRZ for years and like it a lot though not as strong.

And a lot quieter than metal. Been curious on the swingarm cover how would they look after scratches and fading?

Hydes website doesnt list a application for Beta. If the new frame is close to the 05-09 frames I'm gonna get me one. Alum is way to noisy especially when strapped underneath a rfs engine.

Me too!, how did you cross reference those parts? I want the fork protectors!

Need to get some part #'s for these parts, there are few things I have seen but can't find on the manufactures sites. Pivot pegz are one as well.

I love it! Most of all you can use the word Hyde here!! Go on KTM talk and even mention the word Hyde, You will have a dozen moderators locking you out from posting!

Hyde Racing makes very cool products!

I'll just ask the orange guys what the fuss is when I ride with them next weekend on the annual talimaniacs ride in Oklahoma!

Need to get some part #'s for these parts, there are few things I have seen but can't find on the manufactures sites. Pivot pegz are one as well.

You want pivot pegz. I got a set .Beta specific like new $100.