Sign in to follow this  

Electric Start Switch

Does anyone know where i can get a narrow/smaller electric start button/unit?

I have the twinwall Renthal bars and they are too wide for me, i have moved everything in, but i would like to go more..

As the brake and clutch mounts are to wide for the middle section of the handlebars...

Or can you buy new brake and clutch mounts that are for the wider dia bars?

Thanks

Dodge

Edited by Dodgey

[CODE]
This eliminates the stock switch altogether and mounts to the brake perch. Isnt that what you need?
[/CODE]

[CODE]
This eliminates the stock switch altogether and mounts to the brake perch. Isnt that what you need?
[/CODE]

Yes and thanks... I did a bloke quick look.... this is just what i need... cheers for pointing out my error

Highway Dirt Bikes makes some sweet switches as well:

http://highwaydirtbikes.com

They look better made...

I'm guessing i need the one of these?? As its states on website "Momentary switches can be used for starters"

12v 2amp Momentary, Black Boot. - Add $3.95

12v 2amp Momentary, Red Boot. - Add $3.95

2-12v 2amp Momentary, Red and Black Boot - Add $7.75

1 Momentary & 1 On/Off, R & Blk Boot. - Add $7.75

But which one?

I like the Highway Dirtbikes switches. I have both the starter and kill switch on the same side.

2013-01-23162048.jpg

Looks great, are you using his handlebar top clamp for the speedo, as well?

That REALLY cleans up the bars. I'm going that way now that I've seen it. VERY nice.

I also see you're dual registered, how'd you do that? Or do you not have a plate?

Edited by Nayther

I've gone for the one from Ride, as the button is the same size as the brake perch bracket... so i save on space....

Thanks for pics and info..

• Like 1

That REALLY cleans up the bars. I'm going that way now that I've seen it. VERY nice.

I also see you're dual registered, how'd you do that? Or do you not have a plate?

Yep it's plated. :devil:

I stumbled on this one day at Cycle Gear. It was on special for $7.99 so I thought, what the heck, and gave it a try. It's actually very well made and a fraction of the price of the Ride Eng switch. Ive been using it as a start switch without issue for 2 seasons now. I would buy it again at the full price of a measly $14.99. Good stuff.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/Billet_Kill_Switch/web1008827

• Like 1

I stumbled on this one day at Cycle Gear. It was on special for $7.99 so I thought, what the heck, and gave it a try. It's actually very well made and a fraction of the price of the Ride Eng switch. Ive been using it as a start switch without issue for 2 seasons now. I would buy it again at the full price of a measly $14.99. Good stuff.

http://www.cyclegear...itch/web1008827

I took a look and agreed it looks good... So i added it to cart and then selected UK for country.... $50 to ship.... I dont think so...... Robbing gits..

But thanks for info...

I replaced the stock start button with an OEM kill button I got off fleabay for cheap.

While it does not completely eliminate two switches on the bars, it certainly lowers the real estate occupied, plus I think it looks much cleaner.

If I wasn't a penny pincher, I'd go wrong with the HDB product for sure, they make good solid stuff!

Edited by AngryShawn

I just put the cycle gear switches on mine and they work and fell great, they were $15 each.

450 X Head light 003.jpg

• Like 1