Sign in to follow this  

YZ 490 Owners post your 490 here!

Holy crap that is one ugly bike!

yea when I got it! If your talking about the way it looks now you need your eyes checked! Edited by jeffsyz490
  • Like 1

would like to try one some day, i tried a freind's 85 cr 500 a couple of time and it was a beast ! It was not so bad in the sand but when there was good traction it could flip over in any gear...good times!!

oh, and by the way, nice 490

• Like 1

would like to try one some day, i tried a freind's 85 cr 500 a couple of time and it was a beast ! It was not so bad in the sand but when there was good traction it could flip over in any gear...good times!!

oh, and by the way, nice 490

thanks! The cr is a beast too! I had a 1990 cr 500 like my yamahas better!

dude. that is one beautiful bike. i love the red and white yzs (ive owned 3 of them, 250s).

Thanks! I like the white and red and I have the 1983 490 yellow and black!

Sweet bike, really makes me miss my '85 490!

Thanks! I feel your pain there I had a 85 and 86 490s that got stolen from my friends I use to have a collection of them! It sucks

<p> I have one. I call her "Ol Bessy" (Just can't get the picture to work.)

Edited by ben williams
  • Like 1

They are all in museums! lol

Nah theres quite a few out there lol! I went to Nevada a few years back to some dunes and I never seen so many I loved it!

<p> I have one. I call her "Ol Bessy" (Just can't get the picture to work.)

Keep trying to up load "Ol Bessy" lol

Gave this to a friend that restores older bikes, just needed crank bearings, but had too may bikes. OldDirtBikepic1.jpg

Wow you could of gave that to me lol! Thays in pretty dam good shape! It has a air scope too one thing I need!

My parts guy got it and gives me good deals.

Well if you ever come across a air scope let me know!

i had an 83 . super stable at high speed thru the desert , used the throttle to steer . great hillclimber . i have no doubt i could ride an old 490 faster than my new 500 in an open valley they are soooo stable at high speed no need for stablizer . it was very reliable too ! only fouled a plug once in many years of riding . i still owned it in 06 . raced a 05 crf 450 from dead stop it was even untill about 50 mph then i just kept pulling away , and stock gearing it topped out a little over 100 thats no bs ! checked with an suv with gps these old open class bike were all very stable at speed i miss that .