Sign in to follow this  

2006 KX250F Engine Problems

Hey Guys,

Today I was going to install the hour meter I bought for my 2006 KX250F. Since I have to take off the gas tank to get to the spark plug cap to wrap the wire around, I decided to run it out of gas in the carb. I brought it outside, and felt for the hard spot like I normally do. I kicked it over easy about 10 times trying to find the hard spot, but I couldn't. I noticed it seemed easier to kick than normal, but thought nothing of it. I started it, and it made a weird noise in the engine, and wouldn't stay running. It was like a clanking noise, like someone hitting the frame with a hammer. The bike stalled, and I started it once more and it made the same noise, but louder. After this I just kicked the bike over easy, and it felt like there was no compression. It felt like I was kicking the kick starter and it wasn't making contact with anything on the inside, and I couldn't hear the engine turning over. I popped it into neutral, ran with it, hopped on it, and popped it into second. You could hear the piston turning over, but could tell the compression was no where near being able to start it.

I really don't know what it could be. I just bought the bike, and have only put about 2 hours on it riding around the yard. The guy who I bought it from said they had 8 hours on a new top end....

Does anyone know whats wrong with it? I don't know what it could be considering the new top end has about 10 hours on it... :excuseme:

The guy who I bought it from said they had 8 hours on a new top end....

And you believed him?

Usually when they make that kind of racket then have no compression, something has broken. Could be any one of several things, your going to have to open it up and see what the damage is.

And you believed him?

Usually when they make that kind of racket then have no compression, something has broken. Could be any one of several things, your going to have to open it up and see what the damage is.

yea i guess it was stupid to believe him. just took apart the motor, busted a valve bucket. i dont know if ill have to mill the head for bigger valves yet ive gotta see.