2007 Aprilia RXV550 oil and coolant mixing somewhere inside engine?

I have a 2007 Aprilia RXV550 I use as an Ice Racer. I went to change the oil the other day. I started it. It ran fine with no smoke, steam, fluid, or anti-freeze smell coming from the pipes. When I drained the engine oil, it was obviously an oil/coolant mix. (Attached is a pic of the drained oil). I then checked the radiator and it was dry. Anyone know where I should start looking for the problem? Is there a common problem with this model? I was sold this bike new in 2011 at a greatly reduced price. I was told the bike originally had major problems in the motor, and was recalled, but that they were sent back to the factory and "fixed". Thanks to anyone that can help!

oil.jpg

While I don't know much about that bike other than it's sick ass fast, I would check the waterpump seal first thing. That's the culprit on most bikes when coolant is mixing with oil.

I have a 2007 Aprilia RXV550 I use as an Ice Racer. I went to change the oil the other day. I started it. It ran fine with no smoke, steam, fluid, or anti-freeze smell coming from the pipes. When I drained the engine oil, it was obviously an oil/coolant mix. (Attached is a pic of the drained oil). I then checked the radiator and it was dry. Anyone know where I should start looking for the problem? Is there a common problem with this model? I was sold this bike new in 2011 at a greatly reduced price. I was told the bike originally had major problems in the motor, and was recalled, but that they were sent back to the factory and "fixed". Thanks to anyone that can help!

In early 07 Aprilia used a orange seal which was prone to a high failure rate. Is this the case with yours? Hope not.

I have an 08 550 that's been a dream. Check for orange engine sealant first, if you're black, check the water pump seal. If you are unlucky orange plan for a rebuild. If you caught it soon enough most all the part should be reusable. The valve lifter buckets and cams are the first to go.

Either way the best person to contact for parts service in your area is Allen Noland at Trans World Cycle.

Good luck my friend