cree lights installed.

This is my first post after lots of reading and getting great info from all your posts. Figured id post a couple pics of the lights I just installed. Hopefully they come up on the post. Chose to mount them under hand guards for protection. Came out pretty nice.

20130120_142045.jpg

20130120_142111.jpg

Nice job, they fit in there very well.

I like the mounting job , do you notice much differance at night ? I find the stock are good for street riding but lacking In the trails .

Are they legal for the street?

Are they legal for the street?

It's all legal until you get caught....

I guess, but those don't seem like they would fly under the radar very well being where they are mounted.

My intentions for the lights are strictly for night rides in the woods. They are way brighter than the stock headlight. I couldn't see why I would get hassled by the cops except for using them in high traffic areas. Dimly lit backroads is another story though.

:thumbsup:

how are your lights wired up?? Are they independently hooked up or working with your stock headlight?? Did you run into any problems?

I just bought a 35w HID light: http://www.hidmaster...31_5178196.aspx

and a 6 inch 36w LED light bar: http://www.gethidlig...oductCode=lbar6

I am planning on wiring them like this (picture). This will make it so that my HID is on in the low beam setting, and when I flick on the high beam the HID and the LED will be on. 35w HIDs plus 36w LED puts me at 71w total draw. I have run an H4 100/90w bulb for a year with no issues, so this should be just fine. I am thinking of running a larger ground wire directly from the battery and connecting to the motor and frame that ends up near the head light. that way I'll be ready for anymore electrical mods in the future. (GPS maybe).

With the LED I think I will be getting some of that yellow lens covering for the San Francisco fog. I really dont know if yellow is better for the fog, but it is what everyone else seems to do. I am just gonna monkey see monkey do on this one. If I dont like it i'll be out less than ten bucks.

HIDLEDwiring_zpsf193bc35.png

Edited by alpha_nett

Everythings wired independently including relay. No problems at all. Few beers and some heat shrink. Fun little project.

Lineman

What beam angle? Are they spot only? Who is the vendor?

Nice bike!

This is my first post after lots of reading and getting great info from all your posts. Figured id post a couple pics of the lights I just installed. Hopefully they come up on the post. Chose to mount them under hand guards for protection. Came out pretty nice.

20130120_142045.jpg

20130120_142111.jpg

those look great, the pictures look like they throw good light.

i clicked the thread because i saw some 'cree' flash lights in costco the other day. 3 pack for $20 or so, and figured ducttaping them to the helmet for night rides would ROCK.

have you done any experiments with helmet lights ?

Ha not yet. Those kits are pretty pricey but I have the same. Idea in my head for a cheap temporary idea.