Sign in to follow this  

here it is! Acerbis 3 gal tank on 2013 rmz250

Acerbis tank on 2013 rmz250. Took me about 10 mintes to fit up. Had to move fuel pump relay. Need tank strap hook and seat hook. Wil finish up later this month or next month. Pardon dirty shop. Going from one job to the next right now and weather sucks.

Edited by ac717
  • Like 1

RMZ250 005.JPG

tank

RMZ250 005.JPG

Edited by ac717

RMZ250 002.JPG

tank

RMZ250 007.JPG

Edited by ac717

I HATE thumbnail pics with a passion! So small and hardly worth clicking on every single one to see them all.

In 14 min you have posted 6 times in your own thread with no posts in between other than your own lol. It's called the Edit button.

Edited by woods-rider

RMZ250 006.JPG

bottom of tank. efi pump will mount like original. hard to tell,but it is flat enough for pump to mount.

RMZ250 006.JPG

Edited by ac717

Dont look then? Im in a hurry. I dont have all day to post pics.

wow congrats!! I like how it did not mess up that seat angle and crinkle the cover...perched atop the seat does it seem quite WIDE though?? Kind of looks like it. Great solution though.

I only had to move relay attached at front of frame. Seat brackets at rear fender will have to be moved about 3/8". Plastic on shrouds need to be trimmed or buy 09 rad shrouds. For pump- tank is 6mm thick. A 2mm recess will be cut for the fuel pump oring. 5 bolts will go through tank to hold pump with nuts on outside. Viton washers on bolts inside and out. 1/16" thick viton gasket for pump flange mating surface. All contact areas and holes coated with hylomar. All supplies available from grainger. Cost aroumd $100. So have $300 in tank. The tank is same width as ims 2.6 on my rmz450. Doesnt feel different sitting on it. Alot of the added fuel is at the cap and above rads,so it appears wider. Tank is either nylon or polyproylene. Think its poly. Plan on welding seat groove on and just a scew for tank hold strap. Oh. Also 2 peice flange support inside tank. This will be thin aluminum. I would consider this a pretty simple mod. Why acerbis doesnt make it efi ready- i have no idea. All it would take is molding in efi pump bracket. Everything else could stay same. Someone show acerbis this. They would probably do it if they could get 300 orders.

• Like 1

Update. I will be cutting bottom of tank and plastic welding in a pump mount from an IMS tank. I had originally thought about this but wasnt sure in plastic compatibility. Both tanks are virgin HDPE. So,this project is being handed over to a shop that specializes in plastic welding.

Update. I will be cutting bottom of tank and plastic welding in a pump mount from an IMS tank. I had originally thought about this but wasnt sure in plastic compatibility. Both tanks are virgin HDPE. So,this project is being handed over to a shop that specializes in plastic welding.

looks like 08 tank.

two things that you might run into. by looking at you tank, doesn't look like alot of room for radiator braces.... this happened to me on my 08. had to modify the braces a little. because tank hugs the radiator so close.

anther thing. if you get a steering stabo the tongue on your tank that bolts to the frame might be to big. i had to empty my tank put it in a vise and heat and bend. heat and bend as i was cranking the vise to shorten up the tongue. kinda scary but worked out fine. just empty the full out good! lol

but that looks great! good job. :thumbsup: