Sign in to follow this  

Washington Good Deal?

I did the usual and got on CL to see what the WR's are going for around here, and didn't find any 07's. I did see a few older WR's going for around $2500-$3500. Is my asking price in the ballpark? I love this bike, and it is devestating for me to have to sell it, but divorce is cruel in more ways then one! I think I'm going to cry now! :cry: IOn a same note, anyone in the area looking to sell a cheap 2 stroke, I'm in the market. Going to take part of the money and buy a cheap 2smoker, and my attorney will suck out the rest.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

http://seattle.craig...3566218121.html

Seems a bit high to me, $3,500 would be closer to the mark. Oh, and I would remove those last two pics from the ad if I were you. All that does is show that it was ridden hard in the snow.

Also, spell out a few of the numbers in your phone number to avoid a ton of spam texts and remove your email to avoid spam email. A legit person can email you through the anonymous craigslist email link at the top of the ad. And fix your caps lock key!

Edited by woods-rider

Seems a bit high to me, $3,500 would be closer to the mark. Oh, and I would remove those last two pics from the ad if I were you. All that does is show that it was ridden hard in the snow.

Also, spell out a few of the numbers in your phone number to avoid a ton of spam texts and remove your email to avoid spam email. A legit person can email you through the anonymous craigslist email link at the top of the ad. And fix your caps lock key!

Yeah, I'm was thinking $3500 was about fair, just wanted to leave some negotiation room for the low ballers! Thanks for the number advice, didn't really no that really worked all that well. I'll give it a shot. Actually those pics were from a 10 minute cruise up some gravel roads to take some snowy scenic pics, but I get what you are saying, someone may interpret it differently. Actually, $1500 is all I have to spend on a bike after the attorneys. Thinking early 2000 2stroke to get me out on the trail for a few months til I can get things back on track, and get another WR.

Once you go smoker, you'll never go back to a 4-stroker....

Possibly, I've ridden both, and enjoy them both. Never owned a 2 stroke, but figured it was about time I expanded my knowledge and experience on a 2 stroke. When I finally get back on my feet and get another WR I intend keep the 2 stroke and have both! :D

And what's up with no KDX's on the Seattle CL?

"No KDX's on Seattle CL?"

Disreguard that, I must have typed in something wrong in the search box. I see them all over CL now.

I've passed on a few cheap 2-strokes lately. The Puget Sound had quite a few pop up in the last several weeks. I doubt many were sold, as it's winter. Generally I see the same ones, for months. It shouldn't be much of a chore picking up a cheap decent running bike, as long as you're not too picky about appearances. I had a KX250 follow me home last week, at less than a grand.

Mike, search ktms, I saw a 2000 300 that is plated for $1600, in woodenvile. Looked clean too, not sure what size you want but it looks like a great deal.

• Like 1

Mike, search ktms, I saw a 2000 300 that is plated for $1600, in woodenvile. Looked clean too, not sure what size you want but it looks like a great deal.

Awsome, that definately interests me. I rode a 300 one time and loved it. Definately affordable too! I'll search for it. I was really hoping for a yami, that's all I've ever owned, but at my current budget I can't be too picky!

I've passed on a few cheap 2-strokes lately. The Puget Sound had quite a few pop up in the last several weeks. I doubt many were sold, as it's winter. Generally I see the same ones, for months. It shouldn't be much of a chore picking up a cheap decent running bike, as long as you're not too picky about appearances. I had a KX250 follow me home last week, at less than a grand.

Appearance? Nah, My cool flashy gear will make up for it! :smirk:

You must mean this one! Me Likey! I'll have to check it out after I sale mine if it's still around.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/3564151766.html

Edited by mikewrf18

Awsome, that definately interests me. I rode a 300 one time and loved it. Definately affordable too! I'll search for it. I was really hoping for a yami, that's all I've ever owned, but at my current budget I can't be too picky!

I've met the guy who is selling that plated 300 a couple times. From the short bit that I met him I'd bet that bike is very well maintained and set up nicely. (I was eyeballing it this morning)

I've met the guy who is selling that plated 300 a couple times. From the short bit that I met him I'd bet that bike is very well maintained and set up nicely. (I was eyeballing it this morning)

I emailed him and asked if I could get a few more pics when it's convenient for him. But just judging on the one pic alone, and his ad, it looks to be well taken care of 4 a 2000.

I gotta 98 CR250 with Motoz tires

two rides on motor and clutch

P2190005.jpg

P2190006.jpg

PC220004.jpg

I have some new shrouds/stickers to go with it.

• Like 1

I did the usual and got on CL to see what the WR's are going for around here, and didn't find any 07's. I did see a few older WR's going for around $2500-$3500. Is my asking price in the ballpark? I love this bike, and it is devestating for me to have to sell it, but divorce is cruel in more ways then one! I think I'm going to cry now! :cry: IOn a same note, anyone in the area looking to sell a cheap 2 stroke, I'm in the market. Going to take part of the money and buy a cheap 2smoker, and my attorney will suck out the rest.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

http://seattle.craig...3566218121.html

I would advise waiting to buy another bike ( unfortunately ) until after the bike is sold AND the entire attorney fees are paid......very remote chance that legal fees for a divorce would only cost ~$2500 ( 3500 bike less 1000 in your plan) by the time it is over. Ask me how i know ( and see my signature line LOL ). Sorry to bring it up but I was waaaay off on what I thought it would cost and am pointing out the possibilty.

Joe

I would advise waiting to buy another bike ( unfortunately ) until after the bike is sold AND the entire attorney fees are paid......very remote chance that legal fees for a divorce would only cost ~$2500 ( 3500 bike less 1000 in your plan) by the time it is over. Ask me how i know ( and see my signature line LOL ). Sorry to bring it up but I was waaaay off on what I thought it would cost and am pointing out the possibilty.

Joe

$2500? Not even close. That's just the initial down payment. He's letting me pay the rest off over a few months. I hear what you are saying but I will NOT go without a bike. That's probably the one thing I have left that allows me to get out in the woods and clear my mind from the BS. Riding is vital to my Psychy! :smirk:

To the others, thanks for the replies and offers. Once I sell my WR, I might try and arrange to meet and check out some of these bikes you have for sale.

• Like 2

Shoot I'd probably let my 07 kx250f with fresh motor and head go for 1500.

Very tempting! I'll keep that in mind!