ts200r arctic cat cylinder conversion

• 3 weeks later...

I was just messing around the yard we had set up some enduro obstacles to practice crossing logs and stuff. I took a lap around the parking lot and hit a small lip like a jump and was going way to fast and as soon as I hit the grass I washed out. I bent my bars and broke my bark buster on the left side. I had my phone on my side and it was buried in the ground about 40 foot from the bike. Ill be off the bike for around 6 to eight weeks

Does any one know ware I can get a set of fww for the ts or some that will work.

You already have what most of us would consider to be a very large flywheel, PLUS you have a counter balancer, so getting a FWW isn't going to help here.

What's your current sprocket sizes? Going up one on the front (big change) or down a couple on the rear (smaller change) would help. You could also look into getting a throttle with a larger degree of twist. In other words, instead of going from idle to wide open in a quarter turn, get one that'll take almost a half turn. Personally I would go with a larger front sprocket, it's the cheapest and easiest way to slow "the hit" down even though it will make the top end even faster (mph wise).

You already have what most of us would consider to be a very large flywheel, PLUS you have a counter balancer, so getting a FWW isn't going to help here.

What's your current sprocket sizes? Going up one on the front (big change) or down a couple on the rear (smaller change) would help. You could also look into getting a throttle with a larger degree of twist. In other words, instead of going from idle to wide open in a quarter turn, get one that'll take almost a half turn. Personally I would go with a larger front sprocket, it's the cheapest and easiest way to slow "the hit" down even though it will make the top end even faster (mph wise).

have you ever used the the ones you can change out to the different cams for the cable. I am running a 14 and a 49 sprockets Edited by tractorman06

have you ever used the the ones you can change out to the different cams for the cable. I am running a 14 and a 49 sprockets

I never have used one, but I have seen them advertised. Your sprocket choice seems on par with the bike, so other than the throttle change I'm not too sure what your next move should be.

I never have used one, but I have seen them advertised. Your sprocket choice seems on par with the bike, so other than the throttle change I'm not too sure what your next move should be.

I think I'm gonna try one their 100 bucks on eBay and I changed the sprockets from a 14 and a 40 it was gutless in the bottom end I really like the power now but I let it get away from me

• 4 weeks later...
Hows the bike going? you tried new sprockets yet? I was gonna try 14/49 but as yet I have not finished the bike.
it runs good. I really like the gearing. I didn't paint the frame when I rebuilt the engine I've got it back apart to do now. I broke my collar bone so I'm down for a few more weeks. I've been working on getting the plastics back looking good but the bike ran and rode great. I was thinking about pulling the rims off and painting them to but relaceing the spokes is the only thin holding me back is it hard to get them back true? Also I don't know what your stock gearing was mine was 14/40 I had to move the chain support. How is your bike coming? Edited by tractorman06

I will be running the bike up on stock barrel and gearing 14/39, then if I am keeping it I will put on the zrt barrel which is already made to fit, got a 35mm carb ready to fit. Just stripped front wheel and painted hub, plated spokes, acid stripped rim ready to polish, I have no worries on trueing the wheels, I will do this in the forks on the bike, it's the tyres that I will get someone to fit as they are were hard to remove. Frame, engine and hubs in blue, rest of bike panels in the yellow, forks were polished, looking very clean and tidy. also going to try I giannelli tail pipe with standard set up.

I will be running the bike up on stock barrel and gearing 14/39, then if I am keeping it I will put on the zrt barrel which is already made to fit, got a 35mm carb ready to fit. Just stripped front wheel and painted hub, plated spokes, acid stripped rim ready to polish, I have no worries on trueing the wheels, I will do this in the forks on the bike, it's the tyres that I will get someone to fit as they are were hard to remove. Frame, engine and hubs in blue, rest of bike panels in the yellow, forks were polished, looking very clean and tidy. also going to try I giannelli tail pipe with standard set up.

Does your bike have inverted forks or standard i guess i am going to have a go at pulling down the rims and cleaning them up hopefully all goes well what tires are you planning on running? also is yours still a dual sport or are you just sticking to to dirt? i wish it was legal over hear to plate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi chaps..

I bought a ts125rm last august and have been reading this post and others since i've had her.

Was interesting to find out that these 125cc engines can be upgraded by adding a 200cc crank and top end.

so anyway long story short my cylinder had a detonation last month that totalled my bottom end bearings plus piston.....ect. I was quoted £450 for rebuild with new parts...

Question is to you guys whether I should upgrade to zrt arctic cat 200cc? and what's the performance I will gain.

thanks.... mark

im considering this conversion too,but by time ive sourced the arctic cat top end and a 200 crank im thinking rm250 engine would be cheaper.... how does this conversion compare to rm250 engine power wise? any rough horsepower figures anyone? cheers simon