Sign in to follow this  

Glue on Swingarm from graphics.. torch?

img0809w.jpg

The name pretty much says it, can i use a torch on glue thats on my swingarm to me[/font]t it or burn it off without hurting the swing arm in any way? i attached a picture of it.

IMG_0809.JPG

Edited by 08rider

Torch haha...sorry that made me laugh a lil...no offense. But yea, get some brake cleaner. Preferably the good sheit from an auto parts store. Took mine off. Or, i used regular old goo gone, and that also took it right off with a lil scrubbin. Glue balls up and smears, but it eventually goes away.

thanks for the link and tips, yea ive scrubbed them off before with soap and water and for the whole bbike takes a couple hours, i was just lookin for a quick solution for the swing arm. ill try goof off and goo gone. tried break cleaner before sometimes it works other times it doesn't work so greet. thanks for the tips

Use brake cleaner with a scotch brite pad, or you can take a razor blade, just be careful not to cut the swing arm

Permatex gasket remover will take that off, that stuff is nasty. I've used it to remove paint before too. You brush it on and let it sit a few minutes and it dissolves adhesive

Rob

• Like 1