Gas tank is warped at the petcock/leaks.

I got my letters too!  My other 2012 just started leaking in November.  I was worried about Kawasaki covering it; I figured I'd take care of it in the Spring and boom, the recall letters came.  I just got the other one back yesteray with a new tank, petcock seal and a full tank of gas :-)

No recall letter for us as we are second owners of our '11 L-model. Took our bike into the closest local dealer yesterday for the replacement tank install with no problems or hassles at all. Only thing I had to do was sign the repair order so the dealer could get paid by Kawasaki.

The new tank makes the rear rubber mounting strap a tighter fit than was the original tank.

Randy

i just stopped by my Kawaski dealer today.  all they needed was the vin number and they ordered the gas tank.  when it comes in they will call  me and then I can take it in for them to replace.  all free.  thanks for this forum

I was able to just bring in the tank and they swapped the petcock to the new tank. I had to make an extra trip because the forgot to put the grommet in the new tank where it bolts to the frame. Way easier than loading up the bike and hauling it in this weather. Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

• 2 years later...

I was able to just bring in the tank and they swapped the petcock to the new tank. I had to make an extra trip because the forgot to put the grommet in the new tank where it bolts to the frame. Way easier than loading up the bike and hauling it in this weather. Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

I still haven't gotten mine fixed on my 2010's. I thought they replaced the entire tank? No? I need to call up my local dealer.

I still haven't gotten mine fixed on my 2010's. I thought they replaced the entire tank? No? I need to call up my local dealer.

Yes, they replaced the tank. I was able to just bring them the tank, not the whole bike.