J-LAW Sighting! He's back!

I'm sick and tired of hearing "Villopoto wins by 20 seconds", I think if JL comes back in good shape for racing, we'll have some of the best races yet!

Yeah I'd have to agree with you, but I think JL could stay up with TC,DM, and so on aslong as he is it racing condition. The only chance he'd have against RV would be if Ryan was having an "off" day.

Well, if you go by your 2nd post, you'll still be hearing that RV2 is winning

by 20 seconds. I'd venture out to say Jlaw wouldn't be top 10 outdoors. Yes he used to give Dungey fits back in the day , but Dungey has been in the game this whole time and training and is a better rider than he was back when Jlaw was in the game .

After watching that video , I think I dislike him even more. He doesn't stand a chance this season outdoors. Completely off the bike and away from the sport for 2 years and has only been back into riding for a month and is just now training to get ready for nationals in a few months.... I don't see him inside the top 15. I wonder if he kept his bro persona in the pen.

1 thing about him that I just remembered that was cool, is how he's an east coast guy. He kinda doesn't like the whole Cali scene and isn't all about trying to be cool. He's fine just hanging out low-key somewhere now and whatever. To me, that is pretty cool. Maybe because I'm an east coast guy, I guess. But either way, if he just does his thing and worries about himself, then i think that is the right frame of mind he needs to be in to stay focused and maybe get on track.

• Like 1

After watching that video , I think I dislike him even more. He doesn't stand a chance this season outdoors. Completely off the bike and away from the sport for 2 years and has only been back into riding for a month and is just now training to get ready for nationals in a few months.... I don't see him inside the top 15. I wonder if he kept his bro persona in the pen.

I don't believe that

Never quite understood peoples' obession with the guy. He was fast a few years ago but so what. I can respect anyone's bike skills but what has he done that was so fantastic? And top that off with his attitude and I guess that's where I lose interest in why people keep tabs on him. What am i missing?

As a side not, I thought this was the coolest thing he ever did

jlawrv2.jpg

haha love that pic, but have you seen the incidents with him and dungey? its funny because jason just gets on dungeys nerve but jason never does nothing

There is no way he didn't ride for the whole time, in fact last year he raced a couple enduros and I remember see a few YouTube videos before that from his brother of him riding. I'm sure it wasn't hard motos but I bet he's been on the bike consistently.

• Like 1

Haha ya I knew he always got under RD's skin. And then was it the One Industries thing with them two, also. I mean, it's funny / entertaining, no denying that. I just never really followed or cared about him, like a lot of people on here or even friends of mine do. But hey, I wish him the best. I think RD might have the last laugh about all the funny stuff in the past, but maybe JLaw will somehow show him some speed.

• Like 2

I don't believe that

He's been riding. Maybe not in the spotlight or in full out training mode. The dude has access to private tracks, plus he's been down to Blue Diamond and I've personally watched him race a hare scramble last year. Dude was the fastest guy I've ever seen riding through the woods.

See a lot of people would have a problem with this but I just think he's trying to make it a little fun because this is such a strict "I'd like to thank blahblahblah" sport

yea, did you see indy 2010 video where dungey tried roosted him and taking him high in corners

Hell yeah, finally someone who will shake things up again. Glad to see him back.

You'd have to be a complete ignorant idiot to say he can't be a top 15 or 10 guy for that matter. How many of the current top 15 guys are former champions? Talent like that doesn't just go away, and face it he looked to be in good shape and motivated.

Edited by TommyB 754
  • Like 1