KTM 300 w/ fmf gnarly

2013 300 xcw...

1. Pro's/Con's...worth the money?

2. Stock jetting is a little rich...with addition of gnarly pipe it would run a little leaner correct? (i think i have that correct)

Thx guys.

Really no cons.....great bike for anything BC has to offer! Approx 5lbs lighter then XC version. 6spd, e-start.....You will have lean it out, a pipe wont be enough, smaller pilot and leaner needle. IMO, its worth the money.......

A 13 300 is not rich from the factory..... it has the smallest pilot made #35... Wring it out HARD and you will here is idle up....Lean!

The Gnarly will help power AND smooth it some.

Try 42...NEDH...168

Originalmonk,

Do you recommend the 162/38 combo that seems popular on here? Any needle recommends? Thx man.

Yup, ran it in my 2012, run it in my 08. N2ZJ needle.....

No the cj is to lean..For here anyway..Well give us your elevation.

My freind just tested the dj it with 40 it was to lean

A different friend tested 40.nedw 165 in a 13xc it too was slighty lean at idle to 1 quarter throttle and again at w.o.t.

Going to 42.nedh and 168 this weekend.

A 13 300 is not rich from the factory..... it has the smallest pilot made #35... Wring it out HARD and you will here is idle up....Lean!

The Gnarly will help power AND smooth it some.

Try 42...NEDH...168

As it comes from the factory, it is rich on every circuit, except the pilot. Wringing it out hard has nothing to do with the pilot jet.

I would suggest a N3CH 3rd clip, 38 pilot, and 162 main.

Edited by Cactus73
  • Like 1

Mostly 50-75 degrees and 1500-4000 ft. Guys around here seem to like the cj and w needles. Thx for the info guys.

Edited by rideronboard

Mostly 50-75 degrees and 1500-4000 ft.

Your conditions/elevation are similar to ours....that's why I suggested the N3CH.

I think pipes are a waste of money. If you want better low end power, send your head off to get shaved. Much cheaper and much better results.

• Like 1

I went with it more for the durability than the low end improvements. I would say it improved it maybe 5% but nothing to write home about. The spring change to green will give you way more improvement.

I ride alot of rocks and woods so durability and cost compared to the stock is the benefit I say you truly get with the gnarly.

Thx fella's, I only have 4 needles to try now with the 162/38 combo... hahaha! NECJ/N2ZJ/N3CH/N2ZW...no more plz!!! Kidding, but thx appreciate all the advice.

At my elevation of 2500'+ and current temps of 60's - 70's, cactus's N3CH needle recommendation (running a 38 pilot and 165 main) really woke the bike up. I gotta throw the green spring in now so that I don't kill myself until I get used to this dragon!

Edited by SteelJM1
  • Like 1

Bike comes stock with N2ZK needle with the 35/165. 38/162 I'll try now.

For my own clarification; Needles from Rich to lean are: G, H, W, J, K, L....correct? Going with the H, W, or J...

Edited by rideronboard

Your conditions/elevation are similar to ours....that's why I suggested the N3CH.

I think pipes are a waste of money. If you want better low end power, send your head off to get shaved. Much cheaper and much better results.

Have to agree somewhat. I shaved the head on my 12' XC and changed the base gaskets (lower) and it is a monster compared to stock. Way more bottom. Combine those mods with running the lower map setting and it seems good.

Honestly haven't tried a pipe though but my head and gasket mods were $100.