Eddieville Play day on 16 &17

I can't speak for the condition of the track at Eddieville, but I live just a few miles up the road in Goldendale.

The weather this last week has been very dry with daytime temps in the mid-40s. No rain, snow or other moisture. Winds have been blowing fairly steady, and anyone familiar with this area knows that the winds help dry things out very quickly.

Over night temps have been mild, and only dropped below freezing the last couple nights. Today, it is 29 degrees at 4am as I type this. The overnight freeze draws moisture to the surface and once the sun comes up the ice melts and there is a bit of mud. This will normally dry out quickly if the sun comes out.

I would expect cold nights this weekend, so there will be early morning ice and frost. Probably by 10 am or so the temps will warm up enough to melt it all and by noon or so I would expect all of the mud to be gone.

I can't speak for the condition of the track at Eddieville, but I live just a few miles up the road in Goldendale.

The weather this last week has been very dry with daytime temps in the mid-40s. No rain, snow or other moisture. Winds have been blowing fairly steady, and anyone familiar with this area knows that the winds help dry things out very quickly.

Over night temps have been mild, and only dropped below freezing the last couple nights. Today, it is 29 degrees at 4am as I type this. The overnight freeze draws moisture to the surface and once the sun comes up the ice melts and there is a bit of mud. This will normally dry out quickly if the sun comes out.

I would expect cold nights this weekend, so there will be early morning ice and frost. Probably by 10 am or so the temps will warm up enough to melt it all and by noon or so I would expect all of the mud to be gone.

Thanks for the up date. Any change in weather for this weekend in the Goldendale area?

Paul

Track should be good this weekend. We had a few soft spots last weekend, so I sent the cat out to work them up and smooth them out. Track is dry on top with the moisture right under the surface, making for little or no mud, lots of traction, and little dust.

Not supposed to get very cold the next 2 nights so we shouldn't get much frost or frozen ground. Lows are in low 30's , highs near 50.

I considered going today but the website wasn't updated so I didn't feel confident driving all the way out there for potentially nothing.

Is there a facebook page or anywhere else more up to date and official I can tune in?

Your best bet would be to give them a call. I didn't ride today, but the weather was pretty sweet around here, although the winds were blowing most of time.

Your best bet would be to give them a call. I didn't ride today, but the weather was pretty sweet around here, although the winds were blowing most of time.

Is there an information line? All the numbers I could find looked like personal phone numbers, which I won't be calling at 10pm at night.

Seriously, it's 2013. It's easier than ever to keep a website up to date... and if it isn't easier than posting here than let me help make it easy! In the case of helpign an MX track I'd work for dirt!

Edited by Jnicola