Sign in to follow this  

More Beta Goodness

Dirt Bike has a 250RR that they're putting through the paces. Here's a quick teaser of the bike with some action footage to boot ...

Our next delivery will be of a 250RR, followed by the limited edition 300RR Race Replica in March.

• Like 1

Dirt Bike has a 250RR that they're putting through the paces. Here's a quick teaser of the bike with some action footage to boot ...

Our next delivery will be of a 250RR, followed by the limited edition 300RR Race Replica in March.

And I can't wait till my Race Replica gets here.

It looks easy to live with. Did I see built in grab handles under the back of the seat? Case reed? Nissan brakes meaning Honda/Yamaha pads? That would be handy.

I did think that the shock linkage looked vulnerable however.

It looks easy to live with. Did I see built in grab handles under the back of the seat? Case reed? Nissan brakes meaning Honda/Yamaha pads? That would be handy.

I did think that the shock linkage looked vulnerable however.

It looks that this is the first time that you've seen a Beta..... :D

If you want nissan brake pads, you should try a nissan dealer. However if it's nissin pads your looking for then maybe they will cross ref with honda/yamaha. Ha ha!!!

Edited by usernamemx

There is so much smoke in the air that I might just have to add a 250rr to the mix in the fall. If so, how do I choose between the 498 and 250 for a days ride? I guess that would be a good problem. ;)

• Like 1

I just wish mine would get here! lol

I was told my 250RR was shipping from California next week, with the 300RR Race coming shortly thereafter.

I was told it should be at the dealer between 7th and 14th, just waiting.... :ride:

It seems that the 250s just hit the dirt. Ours will be here mid next week. For those of you that have been waiting and you finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel, ENJOY!. I'm jealous of you lucky buggers!

A couple rides in and I'm loving my Beta 250RR demo bike. I added some homespun radiator braces that fit better than the BYOB pieces and retain the stock louvers, replaced the plug for a BR8ECM shorty for a little easier time getting the cap on and off to check plug color, resprung and revalved the forks, resprung the shock, spooned on some proper sand tires, and went at it.

Forty nine miles so far and the grin is still ear to ear. Smooth power with enough to loft the front end corner to corner on the moto track, the engine was described as "the perfect tight woods motor, but a little soft" by a 2013 KTM250SX owner ... heh!

The bike turns incredibly well and the front end is much less busy and chuckly after the revalve. My buddy's 300 seemed to knife more (no revalve) but it could be that his springs are a range up from mine.

Ergos are great with the levers adjusted to my moderate-sized hands and the bars in the forward-reversed position (front of three holes, clamps biasing bars rearward). I tried kicking the bike over just for fun the other day, but I'm an e-start junkie now. If the button doesn't start it you've left the exhaust plug in.

Three issues - My bike spit enough trans oil to attract a bunch of dust at the front of the cases. Turns out there is a screw (usually hidden by the bike and lower right coolant hose) on the lower front of the PV cover that worked its way loose. The plastic on the side panels scuffed pretty bad on the first day of wet sand riding, and the black engine cases didn't take kindly to the lapping paste we were riding in either. Finally, when I've let other guys ride the bike, they don't want to give it back :thumbsup: