TE300 or 300XCW

If you look under the rear fender on the KTM and than the Berg you'll see how clean and smoothed out every thing is under the the berg, then look at the KTM, there are holes and spaces that seem to be there for no other reason than to fill up and carry dirt.

The bergs side panels are a bit of a jig saw puzzle the first couple times but everything fits perfect.

Check out the March issue of Dirt Bike, they have a nice comparison article between the TE300 and the 300XC with a few references to the XCW. The TE is very similar to the XCW. I'd go with the Berg I think they are a bit more refined ie: the forks and fender as mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Got a 30 minute ride on the TE 300 about 3 months ago and can't stop thinking about the bike. So good. Loved the forks they were so plush but perfectly firm. I think the berg looks sweet too. There are so many orange bikes out there, they are no longer "cool". The berg is cool and bad ass and uses all the same parts. I dug the yellow frame from the previous year too. .. Honestly, I'd go with whatever I found the best deal on XC, XCW, TE.... If it happens to be blue-bonus

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2012 TE250. Pretty well a KTM (so no prob with parts) and the front forks are a dream. They soak up those hard sharp bumps. This is my first non Japanese bike and I really like most aspects of it. But you have to be on to the general maintenance like re greasing linkages/pds and starter motor gear etc. If you get a TE300 you wont regret it except for more frequent trips to the tire shop, as these 2Ts rip.