Anybody racing on an older bike?

I started hare scramble racing this winter on a 94 Suzuki Rm 250. It seems most everybody out there has a newer bike. Just wanted to see who was in my shoes trying to keep an old machine in the races. By the way, this is the hardest sport I've ever attempted. And I freaking love it!

although not as old as yours my race bikes are pretty old by todays standards, i race mx on an 05 rm 250 and an 04 rm 125... i just love riding and racing my two strokes and have put alot of work into making them competitive. and good luck in your scrambles!

I race a '84 XR350R and '83 XR200R. I race Enduros and started doing some scrambles this season. I can tell you that it's NOT the bike that is slowing me down. The #1 Vintage plate holder also wins most of the overall races that he enters on his '79 something. A friend races a '83 XR350R in both vintage and C-open and has no trouble keeping up. Lot's of cool old bikes in our Vintage class.

Edited by cynicryder

Racing mx and sx on a 93 kx250 in the super senior class. Finished 7th for the season last year (and I race for fun, don't care if I place last in a race). My bike got stolen last November. I missed it. Recovered it (I did, not the cops). Getting ready to race this seasons mx on it.

• Like 3

Every now and then when I want to go out and have a hell of a ride I will go out with my 86 YZ 125. On the swing arm it has mono shock advertised (haha). The rear brake is drum and the power band is crazy stupid. It snaps once it hits that power band. It is by far the loudest bike out there and this is still after I put a thick spark arrest or on it. Last time out there riding it I was having a blast running around with a b class rider on his yz250f!